Pregabalin

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi. I have Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. I have been switched from Gabapentin to Pregabalin for the pain. I also use a TENS machine daily.

I have been feeling tired on this Med for a few weeks now and wondered if anyone else had this and did it resolve or not ? I feel the pain is more tolerable but still there 24/7 (worst at night) but hate the fact I feel less energy to do things.

Thanks for any feedback.
Edward

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @eddie1968 I was on pregabalin for a few months last year and like you it made me sleepy and a bit spaced out to begin with. The dose was increased gradually as this effect is well known.

On the plus side, I did get used to it so the side effects weren’t noticeable after a while, and it was the only painkiller that worked for me.
Good luck

Reactions: eddie1968

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi @eddie1968 I was on pregabalin for a few months last year and like you it made me sleepy and a bit spaced out to begin with. The dose was increased gradually as this effect is well known.

On the plus side, I did get used to it so the side effects weren’t noticeable after a while, and it was the only painkiller that worked for me.
Good luck
Sorry for the late reply. I agree, the sedating side effects are prominent at the start and for the first few weeks of treatment. I’m tolerating it better now and think it’s painkilling properties are better than Gabapentin. Take care

Edward. :)