Pregnancy and retinopathy

loobyloo254

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, my first post!!!! Im 11 weeks pregnant and have been to see my eye clinic today and previously have been having anti vegf injections after having laser years ago! They said they didnt think i could have anymore injections while pregnant and they would neednto do urgent laser this week, has anyone else had any similar experiences particulary with pregnancy - im petrified of losing vision and the laser doing nothing and ive got 6 months to go!!!!!! X

loubielou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, my first post!!!! Im 11 weeks pregnant and have been to see my eye clinic today and previously have been having anti vegf injections after having laser years ago! They said they didnt think i could have anymore injections while pregnant and they would neednto do urgent laser this week, has anyone else had any similar experiences particulary with pregnancy - im petrified of losing vision and the laser doing nothing and ive got 6 months to go!!!!!! X
I'm sorry, I have no experience of this but wanted to offer a congratulations on your pregnancy and fingers crossed for your treatment. I'm sure someone with some useful advice will be along soon.

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i thought laser treatment was the best option whether you are pregnant or not?