Pregnancy: Flu jab affecting BG's?

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone's control been affected by the flu jab. I had mine yesterday and since then my blood sugars have been slightly harder to control. Lie and then high and taking a while to come down.

Severe_Needle_phobia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Been told lies , fake people
Has anyone's control been affected by the flu jab. I had mine yesterday and since then my blood sugars have been slightly harder to control. Lie and then high and taking a while to come down.
Hi Amy
I'm sure som of the more experienced forum members with the information you need should contact you soon .The only thing I can say is I got my flu jab few days after been diagnosed (start of this month ) with type 2 , my readings have been dropping since my metformin has started to work ,sorry I can not offer you any other information ,all I can do is wish you welll and good luck with your numbers

Reactions: Amy.W

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
For me, it's an unhelpful.... no. I didn't notice an effect. It sort of makes sense maybe though? You've been given an infection (albeit an inactive one) so your body is busy creating antibodies, just like it would any other infection.... so sugars would be impacted?

Reactions: Amy.W