Pregnancy targets

Lynzb

Hi im currently 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child 2nd since being diagnoised. Im type one and have constant worry about my blood sugars. I am over all well controlled but wanted to ask any other pregnant ladies surley it is impossile to be in target all the time? I am in target the majority of the time but then i will get a Higher reading and i panic that im causing damage to baby its really frustrating. I do correct quickly but still beat myself up about it

firdosa4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last pregnancy, my doctor said. Your are diabetic, if you had perfect sugar all the time then you wouldn't be diabetic. That said you need to try your best to get near perfect as possible. That for me was a relief as near perfect was something I could have achieved and perfect readings all the time whilst pregnant was not realistic. Think about it, if it was very simple then the nhs would not approve all those appointments.

Good luck with the pregnancy.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi lynzb,I’m T1 Diabetic and 17weeks Pregnant with my first child.All I can say that I’ve learnt so far is that we can’t be perfect as firdosa4 said.I also beat myself up about high and very low blood sugar readings in the 1st trimester but speaking to other T1 mothers in forums reassured me that these readings will occur from time to time and in most cases as long as they’re treated swiftly,they won’t do any harm to the baby.As my pregnancy progresses I’m trying not to be too hard on myself as stressing and fretting will probably cause more damage then the hypo/hyper itself.Babies are incredibly resilient and all we can do is try our best to be healthy and vigilant and try not to sweat the small stuff.I’m sure you’re doing a great job as dealing with T1 on it’s own is tough,let alone being pregnant!All the best.