Pregnancy

Jadelloxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I’m just posting for a bit of advice and to see if anyone else has had any similar experiences.. hope this is allowed :)

This is my 4th pregnancy, I have miscarried 3 times in the past. The most recent was April this year. All 3 were in the first trimester, the first time I didn’t know I was pregnant. The second time there was no heartbeat when I went for my ultrasound and the third one I seen the heartbeat at 6 weeks ish, but had some bleeding and an emergency scan at almost 10 weeks, to find the heartbeat had stopped at 7.5 weeks. I’m so anxious, and mixed emotions. I can’t help but worry. I have diabetes, which is controlled by Insulin and I also have endometriosis which has always made my periods more painful and cycles irregular. My last pregnancy I had awful cramp and a really bad back, I actually cried most days with the pain. My blood sugars were also low constantly, to the point I was sick of eating. This time round my bloods are excellent, the Doctor and Nurse are really pleased with them. But would still like to put me on Metformin to stabilise them and maybe a bit Novorapid insulin if needed. I’ve also not had horrendous cramp to the point where I’ve cried. I’ve just had a bit of a sore lower back, morning sickness, heartburn and indigestion. I haven’t had any bleeding at all, not even implantation bleeding. I’m about 7.5 weeks now and due around 27th of July. I’m not going to have an internal scan this time, just because of preference.

Have you all heard of anything similar or experienced anything similar?

I’m hoping the no bleeding, better blood results and no horrendous cramp is a good sign and I’m praying and have my fingers crossed everything goes well.

I’m a nervous wreck and just needing a lot of reassurance I think. Trying not to worry, but it’s easier said than done I suppose.

I was seen at hospital in June/July time to look into why I miscarried. They ruled things out and put it down to my high blood sugars as they were really bad then, being almost triple in what they should have been.

They are on target now so hoping it makes the difference!

Thank you in advance x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jadelloxx - I'd love to be able to reassure you on all points you make, but from what I have read, every pregnancy can be totally different from what went before, and from person to person.

What I will say though is, if your bloods are in a good place, you are doing the right things, for your baby and for yourself.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a comfortable pregnancy and at the endo of it a bouncing, healthy newborn.

These should be exciting times, but I can totally understand why you would feel on edge and nervy.

As an aside, one thing that could be useful (nothing to do with your preganancy!) would be if you could consider adding a bit more detail to your forum profile? It would be useful to know what your relationship with diabetes is - T1, T2, Gestational and so on, and also what, if any medications you take for it. That way when someone more useful than me comes along, they will have a better understanding of your "bigger picture". I can help make responses more appropriate.