Pregnant! And My Heads Messed!!

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just found out im pregnant on friday i ran to the midwife at work who was fab got me on folic acid and did bloods hba1c was 71 last month not horrofoc but srill high due to eye problems been geting down slow ive been so tight with my control i had a massive hypo yesterday to which my mum and fella had to carry me ib the house (neither have ever seen me like that im normally very self caribg with my hypos...still managed to sort it myself but left them with staibed pants i think) im so worried i woke up this morning with bg of 26.9 ive had 2 toast so had my ibsulin for that and over corrected for thr bg so had in total 13 units...checked an hour later like im supposed to it was 27!!!!! Then and hour later so 14.55 and its 25.1 im in a tiz now as im worrying about misscarrage and defects and things....anyone had something similar im 3 weeks 5 days i found out by acxident as there a boom at work, and my moods have been horrific i stood and cried for no reason last friday weeibg all the time and hubgry alllll the time so i got a cheap test which looked negative but then got some from work (the hospital) slight line on wed and then fri 8 tests later there were defo 2 lines! Been worrying all weekend as well that my hcg blood test will come back negative and i just finding it hard to relax which isnt good for my little prawn, sorry for the long message my fella doesnt understand and im sick of crying then stressing then crying cos im stressing ive tried explaining but its hard cos i know he doesnt get it and how hard this is going to be with regards to my condition i know im early but i feel so protective already it is crazy!!! Thanks for reading xxx

Reactions: jay hay-char

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats. It will all be fine: we struggled to have kids and when Mrs h-c finally became pregnant (she's not diabetic but does have a chronic illness) it was a very emotional time; but it all worked out OK and it will for you too :)

Reactions: Molly56

lumusislight

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Congratulations! I know those feelings. But it will be totally fine. My hubby supported me when I was pregnant, but actually it was pretty much the same, even with all his attention. I'm an emotional type too.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
How are you feeling now it has all sunk in?