1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

PREGNANT!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by weeezer, Mar 16, 2012.

1. weeezer

weeezer · Well-Known Member

hi...anyone out there pregnant right now? feeling lonely! i'm eloise & been T1 for nearly 12 years. i've had 2 children, 9 & 2 and a couple of early miscarriages (which i reckon were caused by high BS).

i'm almost 7 weeks pregnant (compete surprise! last A1c was 6.8 and i've been pretty controlled thank goodness), i know it's very early days and things don't always progress. i've had an early scan that only showed a gestational sac & yolk, so am booked in to go back mon 26/3 to see what's in there!

blood sugar levels going crazy, have already increased insulin by around 35%. getting fair share of hypos too.

anyone else? pregnancy & diabetes sure is an interesting mix!

2. Jolo

Jolo · Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap: :clap:
    I'm certainly interested on this topic, keep us informed how you get on. I'm not pregnant myself yet but would love to be! Got too much to sort out first!

xx

3. Anonymous

Anonymous · Guest

Congratulations Weezer :D

4. claymic

claymic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5. Nicklenocky

Nicklenocky · Well-Known Member

6. xyzzy

xyzzy Other · Well-Known Member

Brilliant news weezer :D

7. Nickysmith29

Nickysmith29 · Newbie

Hi there I've also recently found out I'm pregnant, I'm only about 6 weeks, this is my first baby and have been type 1 for 12 years!! Currently on pump therapy which is great and really helped to lower my bg!! Really excited but extremley nervous at the same time! Hoping to get my bg as tight as possible to help baby, any advice on pregnancy and diabetes would be much appreciated :) and congrats weezer :) x

8. Nickysmith29

Nickysmith29 · Newbie

Also meant to add I too have had to alter my insulin as one minute I end up going crazy and then keep getting hypos I guess it's just our hormones :)

9. emersonkelly

emersonkelly · Member

Congrats Nicky and Weezer,

For pregnancy and diabetes, you have to follow a special diet but make ensure that blood sugar levels remain in normal ranges. Crabs intake at each meal must be 45 g and each snack 30 g.

10. princesskerry

princesskerry · Member

Congratulations Weezer.

I'm pregnant also and been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I'm currently 21 weeks, so you are not alone if you ever want to chat.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook