PREGNANT!!!

weeezer

hi...anyone out there pregnant right now? feeling lonely! i'm eloise & been T1 for nearly 12 years. i've had 2 children, 9 & 2 and a couple of early miscarriages (which i reckon were caused by high BS).

i'm almost 7 weeks pregnant (compete surprise! last A1c was 6.8 and i've been pretty controlled thank goodness), i know it's very early days and things don't always progress. i've had an early scan that only showed a gestational sac & yolk, so am booked in to go back mon 26/3 to see what's in there!

blood sugar levels going crazy, have already increased insulin by around 35%. getting fair share of hypos too.

anyone else? pregnancy & diabetes sure is an interesting mix!

Jolo

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap: :clap:
I'm certainly interested on this topic, keep us informed how you get on. I'm not pregnant myself yet but would love to be! Got too much to sort out first!

xx

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Brilliant news weezer :D

Nickysmith29

Hi there I've also recently found out I'm pregnant, I'm only about 6 weeks, this is my first baby and have been type 1 for 12 years!! Currently on pump therapy which is great and really helped to lower my bg!! Really excited but extremley nervous at the same time! Hoping to get my bg as tight as possible to help baby, any advice on pregnancy and diabetes would be much appreciated :) and congrats weezer :) x

Nickysmith29

Also meant to add I too have had to alter my insulin as one minute I end up going crazy and then keep getting hypos I guess it's just our hormones :)

emersonkelly

Nickysmith29 said:
Hi there I've also recently found out I'm pregnant, I'm only about 6 weeks, this is my first baby and have been type 1 for 12 years!! Currently on pump therapy which is great and really helped to lower my bg!! Really excited but extremley nervous at the same time! Hoping to get my bg as tight as possible to help baby, any advice on pregnancy and diabetes would be much appreciated :) and congrats weezer :) x

Congrats Nicky and Weezer,

For pregnancy and diabetes, you have to follow a special diet but make ensure that blood sugar levels remain in normal ranges. Crabs intake at each meal must be 45 g and each snack 30 g.

princesskerry

Congratulations Weezer.

I'm pregnant also and been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I'm currently 21 weeks, so you are not alone if you ever want to chat.