Prescribed Trulicity

mickellwife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a sick phobia and so I'm worried about starting this. Looking for people's experience with it

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @mickellwife
If you type "trulicity" in the search box at the top of the page you'll get all the entries on the forum about it.
I think its been mentioned 330 times. That may give you bit of a starter....enjoy
M

Reactions: mickellwife

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a feeling of over-fullness and bloat for a few weeks, and a touch of nausea, but no actual sickness or feeling that I was about to be sick. After the first few weeks the only side effect has been slight appetite reduction.

For me the benefits of this medication far outweigh the side effects - blood sugars near normal and slow weight loss.

Pinkcoat1965

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a sick phobia and so I'm worried about starting this. Looking for people's experience with it
Absolutely anything will make me sick. Been on Trulicity for 3 weeks now. First week I did feel sick for the first two days. Third day and the rest of the week I just had reduced appetite. Second week felt sick much later on in the day but no so intense as the first week. Third week no feelings of sickness at all. Still reduced appetite but losing weight 7 lbs so far. Try it. Good luck. I have never felt so positive.

CrochetCarley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I have nausea when I take the injection for the first day or two but I haven't been physically sick and that's after being on them for 3 months. Every ones body will react differently so I understand your concern. But I agree with @jpscloud the benefits do outweigh the side effects.

Scaredycat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have been on trilicity for almost a year now, now problems other then very occasionally being slightly sick.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've started week 2 today. I felt sick, with some retching, for the first 5 days. I'm expecting it to be a bit better this week (certainly hope so with Christmas and all!)

Good luck with your decision!