Prescription Lucozade type thing...

LizLola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't you find them really hard to eat, chew and swallow, though, when really low? Dry? But then I need so many to bring me up or to carry me through a dog walk, perhaps thats what makes them so useless for me!

Gioconda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all - glucogel and alternatives are vile - but you can also get something called GSF-SYRUP on prescription. It is a mix of sucrose, fructose and glucose, is very fast acting and lasts a bit longer than glucose. It comes in Tropical flavour and is quite nice. It is in long foil sachets and you have to tear the end off - not half as convenient as those little bottles of Gluco Juice you get in Boots (my fave options, but horrendously expensive) but ok. However when out you need a plastic bag to throw away the sachets as they are uber-sticky, and wet wipes to clean off your hands!

Thanks for that - I'll give 'em a try...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haribo does small party bags of jelly bears, they're 15 carbs for each bag which normally is enough for a hypo and it's already measured out, so you can't go on a binge fest (that's what I used to do) And because they are just jellyfied glucose it works within about 5-10 minutes. I know you have to pay for it yourself but at least it gives you something nice when feeling horrible and let's be honest £2 for 20 happy hypo treatments isn't that bad. :) I know I'm never going back to glucogel, it's horrible.