Prescriptions & Moving Abroad...?

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone.

I'm a regular reader on here and see some fantastic replys so thought I'd ask a little advice.

I'm a born and bread Midlands English guy 31yrs old and thinking of selling up here in the UK and moving abroad. (Not sure where yet! But probably Europe)
I just wondered if anyone else has done this?

How would medical complications operate?

Such as getting insulin and other prescribed medication tablets along with diabetes check ups, eye tests and all the other treatments we get here in the UK.

Thanks for any advice

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone.

I'm a regular reader on here and see some fantastic replys so thought I'd ask a little advice.

I'm a born and bread Midlands English guy 31yrs old and thinking of selling up here in the UK and moving abroad. (Not sure where yet! But probably Europe)
I just wondered if anyone else has done this?

How would medical complications operate?

Such as getting insulin and other prescribed medication tablets along with diabetes check ups, eye tests and all the other treatments we get here in the UK.

Thanks for any advice

Hi there Bonus. I'm not sure, if you're talking about Europe, that anyone will be able to provide you with a robust response. Until the final Brexit Ts are crossed and Is are dotted, nothing is too certain.

Whilst I'm all for adventure and pushing boundaries, bearing in mind how important your medication is to your health and physical viability, I'd be inclined to give it a year or so to see how things pan out.

If you're looking at non-Europe, things might be clearer.

I do also think that travel and migration could be tricky for a while yet, whilst this confounded pandemic has its way with the world.

Others will probably have different views, but whatever you do, don't lose your spirit of adventure.

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I understand completely what you mean. The whole situation of migration and alike seems like such a challenge at the moment. I think I'd have to wait a while for housing prices to raise a little currently but who knows what the future has in sight.

Regards