Prickling sensation

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hey, found out I was type 2 3 weeks ago. Basically today I have felt prickling on my arms, hands, legs etc. It's been going on all day and is still going on now. I not sure if I'm just imagining it (have anxiety and depression too) or is this normal? Been so upset tonight, worried isn't the word!

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Well, individually, we don't know what's normal on here, just what's normal for us. Whatever you do, don't try to get diagnosed on the internet by well-meaning individuals - we're (mostly) not trained medical professionals and a real trained one wouldn't, on principle, give you a diagnosis. In my opinion, it's probably just leprosy, take 2 aspirin, and drink tea.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok thanks I'll try that. I know I won't get a diagnosis I just wanted abit of advice as I'm going out my mind with worry

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello there, the previous poster was just giving you an example of how silly some people's answers can be, I realise that you are really anxious and worried about your symptoms. I often feel the prickling you describe when the weather is hot, in my case it's caused by the body trying to cool itself, all the little hairs we have on our skin stand up and cause the prickling. Do you think perhaps when you noticed the prickling, you panicked and became even more aware of it? Try not to worry but if it really bothers you, you could always consult your GP. Hope that you feel better today.

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you get it after stepping out of the shower? If so it is the warmth opening up your pores and the colder air is trying to close them.

Helen444

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

Can I ask your gender and age?

I have had a similar sensation in my legs for about 2 years. I can only describe it as feeling like something is crawling along my nerve at the front of my thigh. I have asked at the GP who was at a bit of a loss but then said that he had heard that women in the menopause can get these sensations.

Since getting my T2D diagnosis I have wondered whether it could be a symptom of high BG. Would be interested to know if anyone else had experiences similar symptoms.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hello Lauren, pins and needles and prickly sensations often go with anxiety and depression, so it is very likely to do with that. All the same, book in to see you GP to have a chat about it and I am sure that he or she will be able to reassure you. I have had Type 2 now for about a year and a half, but despite a few problems with my medication I am in loads better shape than I was when I was first diagnosed.

This page is amazing and everyone is so helpful. What medication are you on?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think it might be due to that, I have had any beta blockers for about a week. I supposed to take them 3x a day. I'll be getting some today so hopefully it will improve. I'm taking sertaline for my depression, propranolol for anxiety and Metformin for diabetes xx

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
My lovely doctor (who is a STAR) said to me that when you get Type 2, you have to take extra special care of yourself and that means that you must get all your medication and take it. Sounds like a silly thing to say, but you have probably had a bit of a shock being told that you have Type 2 and you are probably feeling scared and anxious - so you take all the help you can get from your pills for your anxiety and depression.

I am no doctor or expert but I find that getting in a bit of exercise really helps with anxiety. I have got all sorts of fun gadgets to help with my exercise routine.

P

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I walk mainly, I will leave the car at home and walk. Makes a big difference to my blood sugar and lifts my mood :) I like to get to the swimming pool when I get the time and I also have an allotment and am better at digging than my husband. What do you like to do?

P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Haha. I don't really do anything apart from go to work, I'm a team leader so I'm always running around. I do want to start going for walk though in the evening xx

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
"Can I ask your gender and age? "
Hi, I'm female and I'm 24 x

Lauren
Vanessa
Duh! :facepalm:

My two cents worth is that Metformin has known side effects of itching and skin rashes. I'd send you a picture of my scaly shins, but we've only just met!