Probably newly diagnosed-blood results bad

Netty70

I think what annoys people on here is someone coming along who has googled everything about diabetes and think they know every answer just like you think you do
People are trying to help by giving there thoughts none of them are implying they are experts or doctors just a lot more years of having diabetes and experiencing everything and to be honest without the help of people on here i wouldn't be where I am now

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Dislikes
SPIDERS (cringe)
Netty70 said:
I think what annoys people on here is someone coming along who has googled everything about diabetes and think they know every answer just like you think you do
People are trying to help by giving there thoughts none of them are implying they are experts or doctors just a lot more years of having diabetes and experiencing everything and to be honest without the help of people on here i wouldn't be where I am now

:clap: :thumbup:

EllisB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Martina,

Diabetes is unique amongst medical conditions in that it is managed by the patient, not medical professionals who can only support us. You really need to rebuild your trust of your doctors and work with them to reduce your insulin resistance and, hopefully, keep diabetes at bay for years to come.

Due to the way it is written, (by a committee) NHS dietary advice is rather behind current research thinking. In particular over the amount of starchy carbohydrates we should eat - starch becomes glucose very quickly. Many members follow a low-carb diet, I follow a reduced carb, moderate GI diet. GI is Glycaemic Index - a measure of how quickly most people absorb the glucose in a foodstuff. Discuss a reduced carb diet with your doctor or diabetes nurse. Most will be supportive if you take the initiative and while you are engaged and understand what is happening there is no room for doubting them.

Watching the carbs will also help you lose weight (if you need to); losing weight has brought my glucose under control and I'm now close to my target BMI of 25. It's a hell of a lot easier now than it will be when you have progressed to full type 2 and your pancreas is pumping out a lot more insulin.

Martina79

Ellis- you are right. but when i speak with my nurse or dr i have feeling they wont listen me, ignore my questions or when i tell them symptoms, the nurse was um yea yea and went on to finish the lession as soon as possible, they always rushing and make me confused and stressed. unfortunately there is only this surgery to uni and i think i cant visit some another one. i have no clue what to eat how often what amount. i d speak to diabetologist. do you think i can get some proper advice somewhere? and perhaps get free meter as i am student so have normally free prescribtions? i found only sites offering help but they are not UK.

Martina79

I think what annoys people on here is someone coming along who has googled everything about diabetes and think they know every answer just like you think you do.

- I dont google much, i use just a few scientific websites, some are for professionals. :) and if i knew everything i would ask here, sounds logic doesnt?
i dont know what is your intention to be annoying here, perhaps you expect me to appology for intimidating you by being intelligent enough to recognise a **** information?
this illness is serious and if somebody has bad knowledge, i try to help and explain that he is not right so it will help him and others.

madgran2003

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i have been diagnosed with diabetes type 2. I am diet controlled - no tablets.
Did you tell your doctor you had family history of diabetes in your family? he/ she needs to know. also going to an opticians and get your eyes checked, they can look into your eyes and tell you if you need to see your doctor. LLoyds pharmacy is another place to go to get help.
I get hypos on waking up, if I do any exercise or eat. there is no rhyme or reason with it. I eat and drink regularly and don't know where I am going wrong. my lowest result was 1.3 -I was told anything below 4 is a hypo. I had no symptoms of a hypo at that low result but had more symptoms at 7.6. We are each different and diabetes affects us differently. Please go back to the doctors for a proper investigation as this is a life and death illness. You probably have more things wrong than just diabetes, so why don't you start there and get help for that and then give him other symptoms you are having. Write a list of symptoms down and show them to your doctor. You also sound depressed. You need help with that. You also have problems with your muscles and urinary tract - that is a separate problem.
Lucozade is what they give you during a fasting blood test. Keep away from artificial sugar, sugar syrups and fizzy juice. check foods you are eating because they have lots of the bad sugars in them. these are found in the tiny print in ingredients. you need help from a diet professional for diabetes - not all doctors have the extra training in diabetes so ask at the surgery for the doctor who has the extra training and specializes in that field.

Netty70

Martina79 said:
I think what annoys people on here is someone coming along who has googled everything about diabetes and think they know every answer just like you think you do.

- I dont google much, i use just a few scientific websites, some are for professionals. :) and if i knew everything i would ask here, sounds logic doesnt?
i dont know what is your intention to be annoying here, perhaps you expect me to appology for intimidating you by being intelligent enough to recognise a **** information?
this illness is serious and if somebody has bad knowledge, i try to help and explain that he is not right so it will help him and others.

Me annoying ?? you need to read back on Your answers to people who are trying to give you advice which you don't seem able to take
Your replies are condescending whether you mean to be is another matter
The majority of people on here have had diabetes numerous years and know better than most doctors or web sites as they have lived with the condition and deal with it every day
Oh and by the way you don't intimidate me at all and as for you knowing what is **** information how can you when your not diabetic just because a website gives a different answer doesn't mean it is correct
You really need to learn how to speak to people as you are obviously struggling

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Intelligence you wouldnt know intelligence if it jummped up and bit you on the **** . I am sick and tired of you insulting people on this site . I have already made you look like the idiot you obviously are . You dont even have the brains to realise just how obnoxious and condersending you are . And your vastly over inflated Idea of you own intelligence is going to get you into trouble and from what I have gleaned from other things you have said it already has . Lets face it every medical professional you have seen has dissagreed with you and you have told them they are wrong as well. And as for your inference you have access to professional only medical scientific sites . Well I have to beleive that you are either lieing or have managed to get access through someone elses access as I dont deleive you have the intellect to fully understand them or have compleated/be doing the coures to be eligible. And if it is the case then why are you behaving the way you are pretending to be a ley person when if what you infer is right you are training to be a dr or medical professional. Either way this makes you a fraudsters. I was will to let this lay but you keep making out you are something you are not ( superior intelect ) and trying to use it to lord it over and attack others . If you want to play intellect you are playing the wrong game with me .

Netty70

whompa73 said:
Intelligence you wouldnt know intelligence if it jummped up and bit you on the **** . I am sick and tired of you insulting people on this site . I have already made you look like the idiot you obviously are . You dont even have the brains to realise just how obnoxious and condersending you are . And your vastly over inflated Idea of you own intelligence is going to get you into trouble and from what I have gleaned from other things you have said it already has . Lets face it every medical professional you have seen has dissagreed with you and you have told them they are wrong as well. And as for your inference you have access to professional only medical scientific sites . Well I have to beleive that you are either lieing or have managed to get access through someone elses access as I dont deleive you have the intellect to fully understand them or have compleated/be doing the coures to be eligible. And if it is the case then why are you behaving the way you are pretending to be a ley person when if what you infer is right you are training to be a dr or medical professional. Either way this makes you a fraudsters. I was will to let this lay but you keep making out you are something you are not ( superior intelect ) and trying to use it to lord it over and attack others . If you want to play intellect you are playing the wrong game with me .

Here here :)

WhitbyJet

whompa73 said:

Thank you whompa73 & Netty70

madgran2003

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Re: Probably nrewly diagnosed-blood results bad

i am a type 2 diabetic controlled with dieting only. i get hypos on waking, eating, walking, doing anything strenuous or just standing there. my lowest result was 1.3 with no symptoms - i get more symptoms at 7.6. i am still very new to all this.
You can get an eye check which can look at your retina to check for any diabetic anomalies. Lloyds Pharmacy is another place to go for help. I do suggest going back to your surgery though. ask for a doctor who knows or has been trained in diabetes because not all doctors have. Tell that doctor of your family history of diabetes. This gives your doctor a place to start. Before you go write down all your symptoms and give it to the doctor. You probably have more than diabetes. You sound like you have depression which is one problem. You have bladder, urinary tract, kidney issues and problems with the muscles that is another problem.
We each have different problems and symptoms with diabetes that we are all unique and makes it harder to treat. I was diagnosed by a blood fasting test, which I was given Lucozade halfway through. If you are diagnosed you need to see a diabetic nurse and dietitian and get a blood monitor to check your bloods and how to use the meter. I was told that anything under 4 is a hypo and anything above 34 was a hyper? Keep away from fizzy drinks or any foods that have artificial sweeteners or syrups or bad sugars i.e. sucrose and high fructose corn syrup in them. You have to read labels very carefully as you will find sugars listed in very small print in the ingredients. I am still struggling and still haven't got things right yet..... Doctors are only human but they still know more than we do. If you don't like your doctor get another one. You need to get this sorted as diabetes is a life or death condition as you know from your dad and gran. I hope this helps some. We all need help at some times in our life. Let us know how you get on.

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: Probably nrewly diagnosed-blood results bad

madgran2003 said:
I was told that anything under 4 is a hypo and anything above 34 was a hyper?

Whilst 34 is indeed hyper, I would suggest that the threshold is far lower.

Blood glucose of 3.5 mmols is considered normal in non diabetics (albeit the low side of normal) If you are getting unexplained lows, especially without taking any medication that may cause it, then I suggest that you get investigated as to the reasons. Also glucose meters do have a degree of inaccuracy which also may be the problem, especially if you are not getting any symptoms and your glucose is below 2 mmols.

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Hyperglycaemia apparently or going hyper is cansidered anything over 11.1 but symptoms dont usually start till arround 14/15 although the is a generalisation rarther than an absolute. Although madgran I beleive is correct in respect that the hyperglycaemic come kicks in at arround early to mid 30 but wether this also is an absolute or not I would be happy to be informed of . I was also wondering at what level when hyper should you be thinking of getting to hospital?

Netty70

Wow that is high
Once I get near 10 I start with mild symptoms like tiredness and being irritable
I get more lows than highs which I really don't like they scare me :-(

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get irritable if I go high too, although its hard to tell as I am naturally a grumpy old bear