1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Problem removing sticky residue after removing freestyle libre2

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by kprt0913, Jul 13, 2021.

1. kprt0913

kprt0913 Type 1 · Newbie

Hi.

I have recently started using the freestyle libre 2, i removed the first one a few days ago. The sticky residue was really difficult to remove and after i had eventually removed it my arm was really red and sore. (I tried alcohol wipes)

My question is does anyone know of any other way of doing this easier and kinder please.

Thank you in advance.

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Baby oil, olive oil, anything oily really.
    Personally, I just leave the residue, I never see the back of my arm anyway so it doesn't bother me. But I'm odd like that :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. miahara

miahara Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Try baby oil and cotton wool or soak in a bath and use a flannel and soap. I prefer the latter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Body oil works for me. I use Avon skin so soft dry oil spray

• Like Like x 1
  5. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have used kero to great effect to get sticky stuff of electrical appliances, it works on skin as well.

6. UK T1

UK T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, I find a soak in the bath helps, or just gradually remove more with soap and water when I have a shower, usually takes no more than 2 days and as Antje says it doesn't bother me unless I'm planning on wearing a short sleeve top. I have used alcohol wipes before and again found it easy once I'd soaked the residue a bit, by holding the alcohol wipe over the residue for a few minutes.

7. h884

h884 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi. I use Zoff adhesive remover wipes which I get on Amazon. For me they work they work the best.

Good luck

8. Struma

Struma Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have very good success with acetone aka nail polish remover. However the skin can go quite pink for a short time if you rub hard. But it works!

9. searley

searley Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I do not recommend this..

I use a Brillo pad and liquid soap.. couple of scrubs and it’s gone…. Mind you so is the first 2 layers of skin

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jenfoolery

jenfoolery Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Because I don't switch arms between sensors, I don't really want to put oil on my arm in case it gets onto the patch where the new sensor is going and messes with that one's glue. So I just let the glue get dry and then in my next shower it comes off pretty well with shampoo and an exfoliating scrubby pad.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook