problem with vibe

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hi I am having a recurring problem with my vibe in that it says it is not primed and cannula has not been filled.
I wondered if anyone else have experienced this and what is the cause. it is not a one off.
Sometimes I occurs when I have just changed and sometimes day 2 etc.

I use inset 30 rather than inset 11 as I found that the slightest pull and they came out.

getting very frustrated as had to change again tonight.
also I have little support from my diabetic team and am concerned they will take pump away. Blood sugars far from good and no one interested Having to set up 4 basal rates due to hormone levels.
I use pig insulin- hypurin porcine neutral

what do I need to get funding for cgm as really think this will help to get me sorted. I am now only working 2 days a week so just cannot pay for it myself as I am struggling/

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you called Animas to report this? Sounds like a pump fault and they will send you out a new one very quickly. The pump saves all the alarms so you don;t need to wait until it happens again to call either.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi I am having a recurring problem with my vibe in that it says it is not primed and cannula has not been filled.
I wondered if anyone else have experienced this and what is the cause. it is not a one off.
Sometimes I occurs when I have just changed and sometimes day 2 etc.

I use inset 30 rather than inset 11 as I found that the slightest pull and they came out.

getting very frustrated as had to change again tonight.
also I have little support from my diabetic team and am concerned they will take pump away. Blood sugars far from good and no one interested Having to set up 4 basal rates due to hormone levels.
I use pig insulin- hypurin porcine neutral

what do I need to get funding for cgm as really think this will help to get me sorted. I am now only working 2 days a week so just cannot pay for it myself as I am struggling/
It wont make any difference to which insulin you take. You obviously have a problem with the pump and it needs sorting. I have had the odd alarm to tell me the pump isn't primed. Ring animas and say the pump keep alarming to prime it. Insist they change it. If you get the message just detach the cannula and press the prime button, no need to go through the complete rewind process.
There's no need to change the cannula if a prime tubing message come up, only do this if you have the warning to say there's no insulin going through. First things first though detach the tubing and prime the pump if the line blocked changed it and leave the cannula.
To stop cannulas being pulled out use a bit of tape at the end of the tubing this takes the pressure of any pull and not the cannula.
Sorting basals can be a long slow process just make sure any changes you need to make are done at least 2 hours before they are needed. IE hypo at 4 AM then lower the basal at 2 AM also look at you duration of insulin. What have you got that set at?
Lastly are you inserting the inset 30's correctly? For some reason a few people seem to struggle with them.
To get cgm you need to be very optimistic as very few get them on the NHS

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have never seen a "fill cannula" alarm though I have seen many "pump not primed" alarms. Are you definitely doing the fill cannula operation after inserting a new cannula? Do you know the correct fill quantity for the Inset 30? (0.70u from memory but check the patient leaflet)

Don't worry they are not going to take the pump away. They will just help you.

And you have almost no chance of getting CGM funding, alas. No one does.

For "pump not primed" the solution is as CarbsRok said, just unclip the connector from the cannula patch and prime until you see insulin squirt out.

When you say the Inset IIs come off do you mean the adhesive comes off or the tube breaks off? I've had a dozen Inset II tubes break in the last two months.