problems sleeping

A

Anonymous

I went today for my 3 months blood test and forgot to ask a question. For the last week or so I have not been able to sleep, I even had carbs last night before bed and that didn't help. I noticed my numbers have gone from between 4 and 5's to up to 8 and yes I did put 5lbs on over christmas, is it the high numbers causing the lack of sleep.

sdgray22

Dislikes
Loud Music, Confrontations, blood and gore on the TV
I have found that if my BS readings go up I get more restless and my mind races I also get dizzy if I go over 8.5 so I try and keep down below 8 This obviously stops you relaxing and sleeping. Could be that sleepless nights are part of that. The advice I got from a long term insomniac once was not to get worried about it and if you are wide awake do something, do not lie there tossing and turning. Listen to a radio or read a book whatever for half an hour , maybe have a hot drink, and see if you can drop off then.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I've noticed since low carbing that I don't seem to need the same amount of sleep as before. Before diagnosis I could sleep 24/7 if I wanted to, I was tired all the time to the point of slothness. Once I started on meds and changed my diet, I became more alert and the foggy brain all but disappeared. I found myself staying awake longer, don't get that afternoon slump after lunch, go to bed at 12 and am awake before 6 most days and once I'm awake I can't get back to sleep. Occasionally, I'll have bouts where I wake at 4 or 5 which annoys me because I can't get back to sleep unless I read until my eyes are sore.

I try to go to bed by 12 and don't drink for at least 2 hours before bedtime and have my kindle on hand full of boring books for when I wake up. :roll: