Problems With Dexcom

sgc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have recently been having problems with hypo awareness. I have found it necessary to do blood tests frequently and during the night. I thought from reading the advertising that the Dexcom CGM would be the answer.
I am into my third period using the G6 system with my iPhone 8. Unfortunately I have not been receiving alerts. Despite resetting the phone; reinstalling the app; resetting volume levels I am receiving random alerts but critically alerts are not sounding when they should.
I have contacted Dexcom support by phone on four occasions. Each time the wait to be connected is between half and three quarters of an hour. The people I have spoken to are friendly but have been completely unable to suggest a solution. I have sent two emails. I am now suggesting they let me use a receiver rather than my phone so I can at least have a working system. They have refused. They say they are waiting to hear from their technical support people in the US. The cost of a receiver is nearly three hundred pounds but I am thinking if I want a working system I will be forced to buy one.
I am concerned that people should be aware of potential problems. If I get any help and a solution I will happily pass on the news