Problems with Freestyle Libre 2 Sensors?

momarlon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
have had quite a few problems but did not know who to contact at abbot so have just reordered from my Doctcrs.Anyone got the Abbot number incase i have further problems. THANKS.
The phone number for Abbott tech support is:
(855) 632-8658.

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Libre 2 sucks for reliability. I have had to send 6+ back to Abbot. I am swapping onto the dexcom one so hope it’s better

Dobsfidge68

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on the Libre 2 for 2 months and get quite a few sensor errors. I usually turn phone off and back on again. Usually sorts it out. It does lag and if you are quick upping or quick downing it is an indication where you Are rather than an exact.I found if I reacted to the reading I was all over the place because the reading was slightly out of date.

I have had to train myself to look at trends over days. It has proved to me that the insulin I have been using for 20 years is now just old hat.

Trend on old advice. Do prick test.5-7 before eating. Do prick test 5-7 before eating and so on all looking hunky dory.

Get new sensor on arm and I learn this is what is really happening. Scan before tea 5-7 inject and eat. Then reading goes up to 20-25 ☹️then insulin kicks in for 3-4 hours and brings me down to 5-7 before my next meal. So now I know why I could never in a million years have got to 7mmol average on the old regime and why I was always 8-8.5.

Just had to give myself time to learn how my body is really working and how fantastic a healthy pancreas is.

30 years ago I was told I needed to try and average 5.6 and now I realise that advise was totally unrealistic if you actually enjoy life just a little.

It is just a tool and will never be as good as what it is trying to replicate.

Good luck and I hope things calm down on the sensor management front.

momarlon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Since moving to the Freestyle Libre 2 sensors I've experienced a high number of "Sensor Errors" which normally occur at a time I really want to take a reading - it was really rare to see this with the original sensors - are other people seeing the same issues with the new sensor?
Last week I had a sensor end prematurely (8 days) after showing sensor errors, the replacement sensor I put on then immediately displayed sensor error and after a number of attempts to take a reading ended prematurely, this may just have been really bad luck or potentially a more common problem with the new sensor - have others seen the same?
[When I called About they did replace both sensors but that's not really the point!]

Don't get me wrong I've been using Freestyle Libre now for around 4 years so I am a big fan and the improvements offered with the bluetooth connection is a major advantage but not if the sensors end early . . .
I'm having issues with their sensors, as well. Between last night and this morning, I've attached 4 sensors.

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM

Cynthia J

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure who to address this to, but I need help. I have had a Freestyle Libre 2 sensor. (The first sensor I had fell off is 2 days, so this is my second one). I have been concerned about the wide difference in finger prick and the sensor. I still do a finger prick 3 times a day and the sensor. At first I would get sensor=90, prick=131; sensor=110, prick=143; sensor=125, prick=150. I would even get low blood sugar alarms at night causing me to get up and do a finger prick. I started recording the finger pricks in the logbook on the app after I did a sensor scan. My recordings seem to have improve getting readings sensor=127, prick=123; sensor=126, prick=129; sensor=125, prick=139. I don’t know if this is the way to “correct” the difference. I had read some where the difference would be 7.9% between the two readings. I have 2 friends that tried the Libre2 and had the same results as I have had, and one moved to another CGM, and the second person only does finger pricks now. I would just like to know how to proceed. Can you tell me if I have to do both a finger prick and sensor every time, I get a new sensor.

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Cynthia J you will probably get asked to start your own thread, but for a quick answer, and bearing in mind I am not sure about US measurements, but Libre usually is a bit out for the first couple of days for me, even when I put the new one on 24hrs before I activate it. And I definitely found the first ones I used were the more out when I didn't trust the new tech and finger prick tested - I think its your body getting used to the intruder!

As you are diet only controlled (on your profile) you don't need the low alarm, switch it off - and almost ignore the numbers, just use the graph lines to see the pre/post meal patterns, effect of exercise etc - maybe take the odd finger prick if you think the Libre is really dodgy (20% variation is what Abbott use) as that sometimes happens - I recently had one that had me pretty much level for 24 hours, so I knew it needed switching and Abbott replaced it.

If you are not using for insulin purposes, don't get so hung up on the actual figures, the curves and spikes will give you a good idea if you are doing/eating things your pancreas can cope with. The BG reading and Libre will only be the same by coincidence as they measure different things.

There are many other threads on this - I know I and others have written about the same kind of thing recently if you search the forum.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

MariaJ30

Since moving to the Freestyle Libre 2 sensors I've experienced a high number of "Sensor Errors" which normally occur at a time I really want to take a reading - it was really rare to see this with the original sensors - are other people seeing the same issues with the new sensor?
Last week I had a sensor end prematurely (8 days) after showing sensor errors, the replacement sensor I put on then immediately displayed sensor error and after a number of attempts to take a reading ended prematurely, this may just have been really bad luck or potentially a more common problem with the new sensor - have others seen the same?
[When I called About they did replace both sensors but that's not really the point!]

Don't get me wrong I've been using Freestyle Libre now for around 4 years so I am a big fan and the improvements offered with the bluetooth connection is a major advantage but not if the sensors end early . . .
I am experiencing the same issues with this Libre 2 sensor. With the old sensors I never had problems but this time in every order that I do one of the sensors or even both don't work in the end.

• Agree
Reactions: Lainie71

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
It feels that my sensor is playing Russian roulette with me! Only once yesterday were the readings almost identical, today they couldn't be more further apart! I'm not sure I am prepared to fork out nearly 5O quid every fortnight for something that is pence to make (probably), with the unreliability of a chocolate fire guard :banghead:

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

I am recently having issues with my sensors, as well. I've tried 3 out of the 6 I have remaining. I called Customer Service and after a 40 minute phone call, they said to try it in 2 hours. I did and no success. I have also been on this for about 3 years and am completely frustrated. They said they would not compensate or send me any to replace the faulty ones. Can I ask what you finally did to resolve this problem? I've been so happy with the freestyle up until now and I think I will ask my Dr for something different.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Email them via their website. The form asks you a number of questions, including the serial number of the sensor which you can find on your Libre app. It’s in the “About” section right at the bottom of the menu.

I have had to do this 3 times in 4 weeks due to Signal Loss errors. They sent me replacements within days, along with packets to send the faulty ones back.

The ast two days my latest sensor is now also showing Signal Loss frequently, despite my phone being right next to me. I have switched Bluetooth off and on again, closed the Free Libre app and restarted it, now switched the phone off and back on again, as per the Troubleshooting instructions. Fingers crossed.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Abbott has always been good at replacing faulty sensors, and as it’s a medical advice, it’s something that’s required to be reliable.
I, too, am experiencing problems with a sensor. I expect to receive wild results for the first two days, this seems to be a given, but this one’s either at least 20% higher in readings or totally askew when I check 15 mins after a blood test (interstitial readings lag 15 mins behind readings from blood).
I’m sending Abbott the info today: reading errors, phone type for app, etc and hope it’s replaced.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
My latest (replacement) has just failed. That’s 3 in a row. Not been bumped against a doorway, snagged in clothing, immersed in water other than a 3 minute shower.
Fed up now.

• Hug
Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT