Progesterone allergy

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is really left field but I’m looking for any advice on what effect the suppression of progesterone might have on my diabetes.

I’ve been ‘diagnosed’ with Autoimmune Progesterone disease for nearly 2 years & diabetic for only 5 months. After a lot of bouncing between consultants it’s been suggested I should try to stop the production of progesterone in order to avoid the pretty awful side effects of this allergy every month. It’s really rare, nobody knows much about it & so I’m really worried making a hormonal change will affect my diabetes for the worse.

I’ve read other threads on links between diabetes & menopause or other hormone interactions but I’m trying to figure out what if anything will happen if I suppress the production of progesterone.

what should I ask my endo about when I speak to them soon?

Will gyno know how to take my diabetes into consideration when trying to figure out how to treat this progesterone allergy?

One suggestion pre-diabetes was that they could fake menopause with a monthly injection so perhaps the experience of those having gone through menopause might be indicative?

I don’t know if anyone has any ideas but I just thought I’d throw it out there & see. Any comments appreciated.