Proliferative Retinopathy and macular Edema questions / help.

PDR T2

Hello all, I am 9 months in with PDR treatments 1200 laser zaps in each eye and Avastin shots every 6 weeks. Trying to find hope and success stories. I am only 34 years old.
Done with laser shoos for now and ongoing with Avastin shoots evey 6 weeks.
When do things clams down? I am tired of it really :(
My right eye have empty spots in the middle of it that takes background color it's almost like someone used a white out on some letters when looking at a paper with text using one eye.
Left eye is better but I started to notice the middle / center vision of it started to get blurry /distorted as well.

Are these things expected during / after treatments ? Do hey settle after a while ? Any one has an experience with the empty spots in vision ? Just looking for some hope and experience and good news if any ?
Any macular Edema experience as well? I feel like there is a cloud in my center vision when looking far distance. In my right eye mainly.
Please share and thank you all.

Last edited:

Jigjack

Hey man. I am new to this forum type 1 and 35. Going through background retinpathy and center macular edema for the past 5 years or so. Everything was nice and stable until last year and then my brother came to visit and took me for a jog and that's when my eyes leaked more fluid and made the edema worse. Took 6 jabs of eyelea ( didn't make a difference and honestly doctor should not have treated it with injections) 4 years ago and one jab just 6 months ago. Struggling as well. I am kind of stable but I do keep getting this weird black spot in center vision like a maker dot and I am gonna go see the doc again soon. How are your injections working for you?

Jigjack

Also empty spots. Are they really empty or just grey blur like you know something is there but can't clearly identify it?

PDR T2

Also empty spots. Are they really empty or just grey blur like you know something is there but can't clearly identify it?
Hey. Hope you are well. Honestly can't discribe it 100%. Like the spot take the color of the background whatever that color is. Like if I read the word 'help' I would see the h and p but not e and L if that makes sense. . How are your eye now ? Have you done any laser yet if needed ?

Jigjack

Hey sorry for the late reply. I hadn't logged in to the forum for a long time. Anyways that blur you see is probably the result of edema. If that clears up then you would be able to see proper again
Although it might not be 100% because there are so.many micro changes in the retina. I have not needed any treatment so far. But edema persists. My central most vision has improved so I am.happy about that. Similar to you i couldn't see complete word before. Now I can see 90% of the word. So eyes do heal but for.some, like me it takes forever and you have to hope you dont get a leak. How is your eye now. Any treatment yet or same wait and watch appraoch? Aslo what do you do for a living. Any stresses in life? Apprantely that makes things worse.