1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Proud

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Bellatom, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Bellatom

Bellatom Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I not sure if this the right section to post this but I love my food, I love everything about it and this love affair I have had for years as always been passionate, fulfilling, hearty & leaves me contented and loved. Have never ignored my foodie lover, nor refused anything that its offered me but tonight I did something that I have never done before, I left half my meal on the plate and walked away, first time in my life I have given food the cold shoulder (except when I have been ill) and I feel so proud of myself for not clearing my plate even with the help of hypnosis I never managed to leave food on my plate.
    I owe this massive first step to my blood result which resulted in me being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I know this is a strange thing to say but being diabetes has finally unlocked the word ENOUGH in my brain which will help my overall health eg, BP, Heart Disease, Cholesterol and energy levels as I get lighter, also this diagnosis has led me to these forums which I love as it has opened up a whole new world of people, conversations and knowledge and turned my initial fear, shame and negativity into something positive and I will remain so as its a lovely feeling.
    first steps on the healthier & leaner me ladder.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

well done food is not every thing good in life... just find more and more good Things to do to distract you.. there is so much one can do while drinking herb tea or other no-carb Things wish you all the best of luck...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mo53

mo53 Type 2 · Expert

@Bellatom well done! And good luck with your healthy life journey:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook