Proud

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I not sure if this the right section to post this but I love my food, I love everything about it and this love affair I have had for years as always been passionate, fulfilling, hearty & leaves me contented and loved. Have never ignored my foodie lover, nor refused anything that its offered me but tonight I did something that I have never done before, I left half my meal on the plate and walked away, first time in my life I have given food the cold shoulder (except when I have been ill) and I feel so proud of myself for not clearing my plate even with the help of hypnosis I never managed to leave food on my plate.
I owe this massive first step to my blood result which resulted in me being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I know this is a strange thing to say but being diabetes has finally unlocked the word ENOUGH in my brain which will help my overall health eg, BP, Heart Disease, Cholesterol and energy levels as I get lighter, also this diagnosis has led me to these forums which I love as it has opened up a whole new world of people, conversations and knowledge and turned my initial fear, shame and negativity into something positive and I will remain so as its a lovely feeling.
first steps on the healthier & leaner me ladder.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done food is not every thing good in life... just find more and more good Things to do to distract you.. there is so much one can do while drinking herb tea or other no-carb Things wish you all the best of luck...

Reactions: Prem51