Pump Accessories/Holders

Clorinda

Does anyone know any internet seller who sells pump holders? Have googled but not found anything.

Just spoke to Medtronic who want £21 for a belt - just a belt!!! (prob costs about 50p to make), £14 for a holder and £22 for a back pack holder.

We needs spares bec our 12 month old has to wear pump all the time and we need a spare so we can clean them.

thanks

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
try pumpwearinc.com, they are in the USA so you do have to pay for postage........

they do all sorts for children, babygrows with pockets, tshirts with pockets, really cool packs for the waist, etc, etc :D all designed with the pump and children in mind......

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
I got a lovely black and white spotty one of eBay.com (eBay.co.uk had nothing!). It cost me about £10 and are made to measure with a Velcro belt. There are lots of designs. I probably typed in either pump pouches or insulin pouches and it arrived in about 10 days. X

Clorinda

Thanks Dustydazzler,

I did check ebay, but the co.uk. I will check ebay.com. Thanks for the idea.

Pumpwearinc.com looks great with lots of stuff but they are as expensive as the pump company!

Clorinda

Alba37

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Very late in replying... but in case anyone else is looking I know lots of toddlers who use spibelts. spibelt.com/spibelt.php There are usually discount codes around, or ask on the CWD UK list.

sanssucre

Dislikes
Hypocrises and egoism
Pumpwearinc do great stuff, but watch out for hidden costs. I bit the bullet and bought a smart pouch for use at work but got collared with £13 customs charges by the PO. The pouch probably cost a pound or 2 to make....total cost was over £50 with the extra charges! :evil:

sanssucre

Dislikes
Hypocrises and egoism
Wandering around the shops yesterday and realised that a digital camera case (with belt hoops) will do the same job as a "rip off" pump pouch...lots of variety and less than a tenner!!! :roll:

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been looking at pump belts, holders and accessories for my daughter when she gets her pump. I've seen some that look very convenient and clever but they are very expensive! Mostly they are available outside the UK which means I will have the added cost of VAT and import duty to add on top. I'm going to have a go at designing and making my own pump holding accessories, hopefully my sewing skills are up to it :)

iHs

Many many people will imagine that they will need all sorts of stuff to put a pump in but it's really best to just wait until you get the pump before you buy anything.

I was at my hospital recently to see pump consultant and noticed that all the other people in the waiting area who were also using pumps, just had them loose in their pockets with no case or anything else. About 50 people at my hospital alone now have pumps so they are definately increasing :)

mumm1

Hi - we use a spibelt for our 4 year olds pump - we'd tried several cases including the belt and backpack from medtronic but this is definately the best - he wears it night and day and it comes in cool colours and patterns. I think it cost about $14 from america, but it is free postage through the spibelt website. I recently ordered two more, as he has had the old one for about a year and it has been washed loads of times and is getting a bit worn. :)

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can spibelts through amazon UK, I use one for running (for meter, dextrose etc)but not for my pump which I clip to my waistband

Sand123

I got my son a couple from http://www.funkypumpers.com/
He really likes them. They do spibelts too and the prices are reasonable. The 'button holes' for pump tubing is helpful.
I found a discount code but can't remember where - just googled it.
Though the clips on the belts are quite hard and dig in at bedtime so I'll have a look at the eBay ones - Velcro would be good.