Pump accessories

maryrachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Beetroot
I have recently switched to a medtronic pump and as yet they don't have an app to bolus so you have to access the pump directly. I had a Roche pump previously which had a hand set so I would wear the pump inside my clothes and bolus etc from the handset. Now I have to keep the pump accessible at all times to bolus and deal with alarms etc. I have a belt clip which is OK but I would like some ideas on how/where else to wear the pump particularly at work. I mostly wear skinny trousers so can't put it in my pocket as it will look lumpy and uncomfortable. Has anyone got any novel ideas or links to good options? I don't mind it being visible, but I don't want lumps under my clothes.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Clip the pump to the front centre of bra, as long as you don't mind reaching down your top to get it or put it back.

Jess1D

What about a hid-in pump band
I find them great, wear it just below my bra, comfortable & keeps it out of the way

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I had a pump which I had to access to bolus, I was not able to attach it to my bra - it was not possible to access it in polite company.
Are others able to surreptitiously dig around in their bra to get their pump out?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When I had a pump which I had to access to bolus, I was not able to attach it to my bra - it was not possible to access it in polite company.
Are others able to surreptitiously dig around in their bra to get their pump out?
A couple of weeks ago on the ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland I was talking to a lovely Dutch couple in their sixties when something beeped. Turned out it wasn't me but her, and without a blink she pulled her pump from her bra to bolus.
We weren't aware of both of us having diabetes before so we had a good laugh, and it showed me that pulling a pump from your bra can look completely natural.
Just don't wear turtlenecks...

Reactions: In Response