Pump + Accessories!!!

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well it's official I hate my hospital and DSN!!!! lol i WILL calm down eventually!!!!

was sat here at work thinking, i would really like a remote for my pump... so called medtronic to see how much it would set me back... only to find out that they sent a remote, along with all sorts of other wonderful accessories to the hospital with my pump which I have NEVER received, boy am i MAD :evil:

I think im even angrier because I had to make my own arrangements to get my BG machine when I should have got 1 when i got my pump :evil:

sugar2

Hi, Did you ask your DSN aboutthis? Curious to know what she said? I have the accuchek remote, and tio be honest, I can not see, aprt from teh cot of the machine itself, why the nurse wouldn't give you it, as it doesn't have consumables...other than teh test strips and batteries etc that a "usual" meter" would have. If it CGM equipmed, then I can understand, but otherwise...why would would they do that? Seems bit odd!

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah i did speak to them and apparently most people don't want the remotes so they don't bother giving them out, and they dont usually bother with the BG machines and other bits that come with the pump either because "we forget"

Burn

So they must have one massive stash of remotes then. Thought they would of asked you before assuming you didn’t want one, strange.

silvarbullet1

Dragonflye said:
Yeah i did speak to them and apparently most people don't want the remotes so they don't bother giving them out, and they dont usually bother with the BG machines and other bits that come with the pump either because "we forget"

Aren't people daft?
What are they going to do with a pile of spare remotes? They should give out everything and let people decide for themselves.