Pump basal increments

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi pump persons..

Looking for info on pumps other than accuchek.....

What do other pumps have for the changing of basal rates?
I.e accuchek currently have - under 1 unit an hour you can change by 0.01 in either direction. changes over 1 unit an hour are 0.05 either way...

I'm waiting for accuchek to confirm what their new pump capabilities are..as rumour has it that the increments will all be by 0.05 an hour, which will cause me major hassles....

Thanks...x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Thanks Phoenix.

My next questions are:

Is there any other manufacturer besides accuchek that has a fully integrated remote.. Ie blood machine and ability to change everything and do everything by using the remote control..... Obviously wearing pump on my arm I want everything available via a remote gadget without also having another blood testing machine as well.

Accuchek are having their new pump coming out beginning of next year, is there any other manufacturer likely to upgrade theirs within the next 6 months?

i'm waiting for accuchek to confirm increment changes for basals on their new pumps as my 1hrly's are all similarish to 0.47, 0.54 etc and having to round them to 0.05's will not give me the great control that I currently have.... So just getting prepared...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Also.... Accuchek offer 24 hourly changes to different basal settings.. Do others all do this? I have every hour set different.. And love this feature too...

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The minimum basal increment on the Animas Vibe is 0.025u/hr, regardless of whether above or below 1u/hr.

Minimum bolus delivery increment is 0.05u

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The bolus delivery slots on the Vibe can be timed to start as finely as every half hour but I don't know what the maximum number of slots per day is. I only program 8 x 3 hour slots. You can definitely program more, but I would need to RTFM to find out the maximum.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The vibe only gives 12 basal slots :(

I'm not sure DD but think the DanaR has a remote.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks everyone,
It's so hard to know what best to do.

Acuchek are slow at confirming what their new pump basal rates can be changed by. Still waiting 2 weeks on, despite getting apligies from them. My main contact there isn't available at the moment as he would have told me by now.

I love my hourly 0.01 changes on the combo pump, but have to consider changing manufacturer if they are not going to be available on the new pump.

Only thing is, I absolutely love the full remote too and am so trying to decide whether waiting for the new pump is worth it...time slots hourly are vital too...

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Have you looked at the omnipod DD?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Can't place omnipods all iver my bum cheeks... Did look at but decided not to go for omnipod because of that reason. I cannot wear sets anywhere else.

iHs

I found the Combo pump hard work esp getting the 24 hourly basal rates correct to give the same bg level rvery hour. Always on a tightrope and trying not to fall off. Although the Vibe has only 12 basal rate time slots, I didnt find it that hard to smooth out my basals from 24 to 12.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Have sent accuchek an email asking information on their new pump and all the changes yhat may have been made to it from the combo regarding its settings..that As a current user I can research other pumps but cannot make an informed choice on staying with their brand of pumps due to lack of information they are giving their customers that are waiting for a swap over.

The usual chap isn't there at yhe moment, he is normally so good at answering my questions. The girl that I asked 10days+ ago is not so good with her responses of info..

I'll have to wait and see what accucheks response is!!

We are all so different with our decisions and use of pumps, I love the accuracy to change every hour with basals, it gives me such good results...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Had confirmation from Accuchek....

Brilliant news...

Basal increments on Insight are 0.02 and 0.01 (rather than 0.05 and 0.01 on the Combo). That is so fantastic!!!

For basal rate time blocks new pump will now be able to adjust 15min portions of each hour to enable even tighter control. So even better for me, personally!!!

Happy, happy, happy!!!! So I hope the poster that said they were changing to 0.05 increments on another posting will read this great news!!

Reactions: 5 people

iHs

Gosh

With all the basal rate adjustments, the Insight sounds as though it will be a manual version of an artificial pancreas. Lots of bg testing will be on the cards until cgm becomes available.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Gosh

With all the basal rate adjustments, the Insight sounds as though it will be a manual version of an artificial pancreas. Lots of bg testing will be on the cards until cgm becomes available.

I'm thrilled and can't wait.. It doesn't matter when you test.. On hour, quarter past or half past etc... you'll be able to really fine tune...

So glad I waited.. Nothing on market will compare to this pump eapecially the remote control that is vital for me...

crystal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sport, high heels, fatty food.
@donnellysdogs I am the poster who was told that the Insight would have 0.05 increments. I've been worried about this as I am used to 0.025 on the Animas, so I am thrilled that I was misinformed. I can't wait to get my new pump!

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@donnellysdogs I am the poster who was told that the Insight would have 0.05 increments. I've been worried about this as I am used to 0.025 on the Animas, so I am thrilled that I was misinformed. I can't wait to get my new pump!

Thanks @crystal. Glad you still around. Apologies I couldn't find the original posting.

It sounds as if it is going to be incredible. Increments stay at 0.01 and when delivery is over 1 unit it goes up to increments of 0.02. Wow, that a huge improvement for those on more than 1 unit an hour.

As for 15 minute slots.. Thats going to massive improvements too. So much fine detail compared to other pumps.

I have also asked whether there are any other changes ref bolusing.

Old pump accuchek users need to knowthis info ahead and even more so that they could be losing customers if wrong info is getting out, inadvertently.

I'm so glad of your original posting as it stirred me in to checking out these details and not just accepting that I just get a new pump soon... It forced me to make comparisons that I really should have done more of previously. Thankyou.

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have seen many discussions mentioning features on each and what will be chosen next... these surprised me as i did not get any choice. I am a while off changing but would like to know how to ensure i get a choice. I use dexcom so animas would be a good choice i guess, unless the combo update will also pair. sorry if this is off topic perhaps i should start a new one.