Pump break

steveo4

I'm thinking about taking a break from using my pump. Has anyone ever done this before? How did you get on?

BUZZ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I always come off my pump when I go abroad for a beach holiday. I hate it. I can never get great control but as soon I go back onto the pump it goes back on track

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a forced break when my pump broke just before a public holiday.
I was so grateful when I got a new pump and that was less than a week.
I felt I was trying to use a blunt knife to do what I needed a sharp blade for.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Same as above, in my early pump days I had a forced pump break when I was being swapped from one pump to another and there was an issue with the shipping but I had to send my old pump back on a specific date so went around 5 days without a pump. Some people really enjoy having breaks but it was not for me, I hated every minute of it and with the technology I have now I would never have a pump break unless I was forced to for some reason.

steveo4

I'm currently on my 3rd day without using my pump and am not missing it at all. I feel much better at the moment by not having the pump attached to me all the time. At the moment I think I will carry on with mdi however if I was offered a tubeless pump then I would go back on the pump but that's not an option for me at the moment.

steveo4

The main reason is being attached to it all the time by a tube. If I could get a tubeless pump that would be much better for me.

BUZZ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I always have a pump break when I go abroad and hate every minute. My levels were all over the place and I felt rotten. As soon as I re attached my pump my levels more or less returned to normal.