pump harness?

annettekp

Hi

My son is 3 and we are getting a pump for him in August (yeah!!) The DSN suggested a harness for it rather than a belt during the day.

Anyone had experience of this? Good or bad?

I had a look online but the only harness I could see seemed to be on an American site.

Thanks

Annette

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have no idea, sorry can't help. But can your nurse or the pump company recommend or provide you with a harness?

Blissfool

Annette - Vik here, with Django. How is it going? Django had the harness and it rubbed his skin raw with Velcro around his shoulders and he felt really self conscious of it. Then we got him a pump waist band from Pump Wear (yes, USA and a bit expensive at around equivalent of £16 each) - it is a bit like a cummerbund made from groovy coloured Lycra, fits snug on waist under clothes, easy access and it gives him so much freedom in movement and is discreet. Def. Recommend this over harness. Xxx

josie38

On the Pump Wear site i found a pump bag for me (40 yr old) and there was loads and loads for the kids I was very impressed with the range and designs.

Worth a go!

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Blissfool said:
Annette - Vik here, with Django. How is it going? Django had the harness and it rubbed his skin raw with Velcro around his shoulders and he felt really self conscious of it. Then we got him a pump waist band from Pump Wear (yes, USA and a bit expensive at around equivalent of £16 each) - it is a bit like a cummerbund made from groovy coloured Lycra, fits snug on waist under clothes, easy access and it gives him so much freedom in movement and is discreet. Def. Recommend this over harness. Xxx

Jess uses the same sort of belt that I think you explain, we got ours from Tallygear and has been well worth the purchase.

annettekp

Hi

I got 2 pump pouches on belts from funkypumpers here in the UK. One is all fleecy including the belt and one with diggers on it. Both seemed OK when he was hooked up for a few days (running saline through). I also ordered a harness but he wasn't keen to try it on. We'll see how it works soon (less than 2 weeks - GULP!). Best buy so far has been a toy pump complete with pouch and velcro set that fits his sheepy!

Annette

josie38

Awww bless.....i like the idea that sheepy has it too :D :D :D

Hope it all goes well for you and he gets on really well with it :D :D :D

keep us updated how he gets on

josie

serankine

My 5 year old Daughter got her pump 3 months ago We found this american site.

http://www.tallygear.com/

The belts are great we now have 5 belts. They are very secure and the material is comfortable and they are pretty flat and dont stick out. Would really recomend them.

Sarah

sugar2

There are loads of cases/harness on e bay. Many seemed to be aimed at young pumpers...lots of fleecy ones etc...seem tobe about £15.

I have a 3 year old son...and can empathise with the issue some what! I would look for those sweatshirts etc, with the big pocket at the front, the ones where they can put both hands in, and then sew some baby socks into the pocket, or even onto the inside of his clothes etc.

CaRrIe*

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I myself was diagnosed type1 march 2011 after developing gestational diabetes-being told it had gone after birth(oct 2010) only to persist in trying to get them to do more tests as I didnt feel right, resulting in type 1 diagnosis!!
my son(now 4yrs) was diagnosed type 1 in dec 2009. He has only recently started using a pump but we got an adult thigh pouch in small (which he wears round his waist) with his accu-check pump, you can order them from roche via internet (£15).. accucheck.co.uk pump therapy accessories - cases under clothing.
He finds it very comfortable, fits skin tight, pump tubing is all consealed if tuck under band, so no tangles when going toilet, getting dressed etc. great for school too! only thing is they only come in black or white.. but still very practical! He has seen me looking on internet and now wants one with bright colours on so think will have to invest in some more from a different site too. Either that or purchase some similar material and have a go at making my own!? worth a try I guess?
:DType 1 parent of type 1 child :D