pump sites leaving scarring

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, just wondering if anyone has come across similar/ knows how to fix it:
I have found especially recently that when i remove a pump site i am left with a little red dot where the site was, which is fine but they seem to last a lot longer than they used to! I have found that especially switching from the medtronic mio infusion sets (90 deg) to the 30 deg sets that it has gotten worse. I much prefer being able to check that the tubing has actually gone in, as i have a lot of problems with the 90 sites bending on entry but not happy about the scarring and often more painful sites! Unfortunately as i am on the more lean/ muscular side i have found that the centre of my stomach - where i store more fat - works a lot better for pump sites but this means that area of my stomach is getting pretty populated with little scars.
any advice welcome!

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tea tree oil might help a little, worth a try. Also occasionally I use the leaves from an aloe vera plant I was given. I'm not the least ‘alternative’ sort of person and first choice is local chemist but these things have helped me and the Omnipod pod marks over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: knipster

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi knipster

I have exactly the same problem and like you I am lean. Dry skin doesn't help me either, so I use baby oil and areas of skin having a rest so to speak. Also when the marks become a bit like join the dots, I insert cannula into my thighs which are just skinny and often spring geysers. At least though my stomach area gets a rest.
I see it a little as the price we pay.
I'd still rather have the marks than mdi.
Good luck

Reactions: knipster