Pump - soooooo confused!!!

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
OK so i was told to put batteries in my new pump and have a "mess" with it before I go onto it on Monday... Started out on a bit of a blip - took me 20mins to set the date and time due... it didnt do it the way it told me to in the manual... NOW trying to do a practice run to program a 2unit normal bolus and it's stuck on a rewind screen which the book says im not allowed to do or it will go out of practice mode!!!!! i cant get it off!!! :(

iHs

Dragonflye said:
OK so i was told to put batteries in my new pump and have a "mess" with it before I go onto it on Monday... Started out on a bit of a blip - took me 20mins to set the date and time due... it didnt do it the way it told me to in the manual... NOW trying to do a practice run to program a 2unit normal bolus and it's stuck on a rewind screen which the book says im not allowed to do or it will go out of practice mode!!!!! i cant get it off!!! :(

Hi :)

Don't panick,

Don't know if you've now been able to sort the pump out but if not, put the pump into START mode again and then you'll be able to bolus some saline. You've probably accidentally put the pump into STOP mode as it is only from that menu that you will get the Rewind option which you don't really want to do as then you will need to probably do a cartridge change.

If you can't get out of the Rewind screen just take out the pump battery and wait for about 15mins before re inserting it again and then things should hopefully go back to normal again. If not, just phone the pump manufacturer and get them to guide through what to do.

For a few weeks, you will need to look at the instruction manual for the pump and follow the guide to cartridge changing, setting the time etc, putting an infusion set in and priming.

When I first got my pump hooked up to insulin, I tried to remember everything the pump rep told me but needed to get out the manual and follow the guides :lol:

Just take your time and try to do stuff to the pump when you're not distracted by your kids etc. :wink:

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
did manage to sort it... but not before i got a "motor error" message!!!! Im starting to dread Monday now :? lol

going to have another mess with it later this evening when the little monsters are sleeping!!! :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What pump have you got? Is it medtronic?

jopar

I've assume that you've solved your problem now (fingers crossed)

I'm sure that most pumps if not all pumps will do this I know my spirit did and my Combi does, if you are in any menu screen if you don't press any button's within a disignated time spam, it will automaticall revert back to the main menu screen!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My combi doesn't revert back if you accidentally press cartridge change.....I had to phone accuchek and ask what to do as I wanted to cancel it, and waited, and waited and waited for it to revert back....it didn't and I did not want the piston rewinding!!! They told me to take the battery out-it was the only way to get out of the screen!!! Never done it since....

jopar

I've not had that happen with my pump being in the cartridge change screen, but I'm due to change my cartridge tomorrow so will give it a wizz to see what happens, whether I can get out of it or not..

I know that in my other screens, it flicks back to the main menu..

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
not sure how but managed to sort it :) seems i have figured out which buttons to press etc... don't know why but im nervous about starting to use it!!! have my appointment at 1 today to start using it :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
All natural thinking....honest...you will be fine...takes a while to tweak, but you'll get there...best of luck for today....

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
good luck for today dylan has a veo and loves it everyone who starts on a pump is nervous about the unknown of it all dont worry u will soon get used to it

jopar

I gave it a try getting out the replace cartridge screen and you'll right DD the only way out is the battery, I find that quite strange that all other menu's are totally dependant on you pressing a button within a time period or it will revert back to the main menu screen!