#pumpchoice day

k9badger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well tomorrow is the day we find out if my other half has passed her pump theory test and can proceed to the practical. I am going with her armed with lots of info/questions about the ins and outs of this new adventure, most of it gleaned from this forum, and I am determined to get the best possible outcome for her. In fact I haven't been sleeping well partly because I'm on alert for another night time hypo and partly cos I'm dreaming about insulin pumps!
A letter from the consultant is recommending the Medtronic 640G but goes on to say it is not funded by the NHS!!! Like we can afford that! Methinks he doesn't read what he dictates and it is the CGM which is not funded. (Hey look at me I'm picking up the lingo!)
Anyway I'm really excited on her behalf, I know it's going to be a lot of work and going to need a lot of our input to make it work but I'm convinced from what I've read here that this could be a game changer.
My biggest worry, my lovely wife is a technophobe, hates mobile phones and the like and the first technical problem will see me acting as defence attorney to save the pump from a grizzly death!!!
So let's hope she likes the colour! Lol