QUESTION ABOUT DIETS

Hanari

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys …. I know we have had threads in the past about diet and cidp with most of us having little success. So since there’s so little info about cidp on the net I’ve been researching a close disease to ours….Multiple Sclerosis and when you research MS diet success stories I see a lot of the Swank Diet. Basically it's very low amounts of fat as he (Roy swank) theorizes that high/moderate amounts of fat somehow affect the metabolism of the body and the immune cell response to myelin and they claim that just going super low fat can really help. They even have a forum with a success story threads and posters there swear that this has helped them. I also realize that cidp is not ms either.

Has anyone here ever tried that or have any thoughts about it one way or the other. Anyway, after 11 years of this cidp I’m willing to try different approaches as long as it's not glyconutrients or the cure-all end-all product(s), etc..etc…

Eric

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys …. I know we have had threads in the past about diet and cidp with most of us having little success. So since there’s so little info about cidp on the net I’ve been researching a close disease to ours….Multiple Sclerosis and when you research MS diet success stories I see a lot of the Swank Diet. Basically it's very low amounts of fat as he (Roy swank) theorizes that high/moderate amounts of fat somehow affect the metabolism of the body and the immune cell response to myelin and they claim that just going super low fat can really help. They even have a forum with a success story threads and posters there swear that this has helped them. I also realize that cidp is not ms either.

Has anyone here ever tried that or have any thoughts about it one way or the other. Anyway, after 11 years of this cidp I’m willing to try different approaches as long as it's not glyconutrients or the cure-all end-all product(s), etc..etc…

Eric

Eric, my sister-in-law has MS. Like most people living with it she has good and bad times. For her the bad times impact both mobility, and her sight.

She doesn't live with any form on diabetes, but adopted a low carb way of eating a couple of years ago, as another family member in the household was trying it. She lost some weight (went from slim to very slim), but her MS has been significantly better since. Her medical team were astonished how well she became - and has generally stayed.

Of course, she continues to have episodes - that is the nature of the condition, but she starts from a better place, then recovers, pretty much to where she started, rather than see a creeping progression.

Of course, my story is anecdotal, and I'm sure she spared me a lot of the detail, but I was impressed.

In adopting a low carb lifestyle, she actually increased her fat intake quite a bit, in order to maintain her weight in a healthy space.

I have zero idea if that helps or hinders you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Eric

Hi Eric,

Could confirm whether you are talking about Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) when you say 'cipd'?

My own experience of a low fat way of eating was not at all helpful to my health.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys …. I know we have had threads in the past about diet and cidp
Hi @Hanari , and welcome to the forum!
I don't think I have ever seen a thread about cidp, are you sure you are on the right forum?

Antechinus

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I know this is as left field as cidp, but check out Dr Kharrazian book on thyroid disease, and Dr Nasha Winters book on treating cancer
Kharazan looks at taming inflammatory disease with diet and spices and has good explanation on how process works. Dr Winters discussed how diets affect epigenetics and how you can switch of those dangerous genes.

Not specifically what you are after but may be good first steps.