Question about Mysugr

Lainlainylain

Hi there, just installed Mysugr and it’s synced the data from the iPhone health app...

All my numbers have been in green so far apart from one day when i scored a 4.9 (less exciting was the 7 after dinner)

I thought 4.9 was the best number I’ve had so far but it was the only number in orange (means not great but ok) while the others were all green...

Confused to say the least! Anyone know what’s happened?

TIA Elaine

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at your settings. You can set your targets for low and high. The amber means mySugr thinks you may be heading for a hypo.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had that problem with a different app I use. You need to check and change the preset targets. 4.9 is excellent for a type 2 not on any hypo causing medication but not so good for someone prescribed insulin that wants to be 5 or above to drive.

Lainlainylain

Have a look at your settings. You can set your targets for low and high. The amber means mySugr thinks you may be heading for a hypo.
Thank you! Every time I think I’m starting to learn something new something else comes along to mess with my head :)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your welcome. Have you managed to turn off the annoying sound?

Lainlainylain

I had that problem with a different app I use. You need to check and change the preset targets. 4.9 is excellent for a type 2 not on any hypo causing medication but not so good for someone prescribed insulin that wants to be 5 or above to drive.
Thanks Alison...I’m prediabetic so not 100% sure what i need to put in there to be honest...so much to figure out!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can turn off the monster in the app settings. Great for kids, for me, not so much!

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Alison...I’m prediabetic so not 100% sure what i need to put in there to be honest...so much to figure out!

Set realistic little targets for yourself, We need to aim for improvement towards truly normal levels.

So somewhere between this

https://www.bloodsugar101.com/what-is-a-normal-blood-sugar

and this taken from Daisy post@

The blood sugar ranges recommended by NICE are as follows:

Blood glucose ranges for type 2 diabetes
  • Before meals: 4 to 7 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 8.5 mmol/l

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just make sure you enter A LOT of data taken at various times. Not just a lot of base line levels (fasting, before meals etc) but also a lot of post meal levels - at least an equal number of both. Otherwise, the averages it gives you won't be realistic.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with the comments already made. I’ve set my paramaters as 4-8.5 to fall in line with guidelines and if anything have tested even more since having the app as like to input as much as I can to try and keep the estimated Hba1c somewhere close to realistic :)

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad you asked these questions, I was wondering why my 4.5 was in amber not green! I do really like this app so far, but I too had to turn off the monster sounds - it made me jump!