1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Question for Omnipod Dash users

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by ArtemisBow, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ArtemisBow

ArtemisBow Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just started using the Omnipod Dash, so far so good.

I just wondered if anyone knew if there was a do not disturb method for non critical alarms? I used to have an Insight and it would wake me up in the night to tell me the reservoir was getting low, even though I would have plenty to get through to the morning.

I’ve set the Omnipod to remind me when a pod change is due in 4 hours by default, but if that’s at 8am I don’t really want to be told at 4am...

Also interested to know what case people use for carrying supplies?

2. Medusa41

Medusa41 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @ArremisBow - Great you’ve got the Omnipod. Sorry I can’t answer your question as I have the Insight but I wondered if the fault on the Dash system was rectified? My DSN won’t let me have it until Aug which was supposedly when the fault was going to be fixed! TIA Hope all ok.

3. ArtemisBow

ArtemisBow Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It’s not fixed as yet, but there is a workaround for it currently (you have to input your BG every time you bolus, or it defaults to the last reading you gave it which could be hours earlier). And then they are going to send out new handsets once they’ve fixed it.

4. Medusa41

Medusa41 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Okay thank you. Probably why my DSN won’t let me have it just the then. Thanks for the info. Hope u get answers soon

5. Heathero

Heathero Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You can turn off the Dash and alarm will not occur. However pod will beep when change due. You can set alarm period settings too.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook