Question On Diet And Reversing T1 Diabetes

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
Your grandmother sounds like mine. She almost convinced my mother that the doctors were only experimenting on me and she should stop my injections. Thank goodness my father had more sense.
My Father went mad about it all. My Grandmother was only trying to apply something that she hoped would get rid of the diabetes and my Mother also hoped. Fortunately little harm was done & we kept the entire thing to ourselves......until now, that is......!!!!!!

Reactions: Dodo and Antje77

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All comments about reversal refer to type 2 (and this was how type 2 was always treated 40 years ago, by low carb diet and no meds which were only introduced if someone couldn't stick to their diet so ended up with too high blood sugars.....
I have given your post a 'Winner' because it's brilliant.

I just wanted to say though that not all T2s can control their BGs by diet alone, it isn't just a case of not being able to stick to it, diet only doesn't work for all of us. I know this is a T1 thread but I felt I needed to say that in case anyone feels down that they are T2 and on meds. Sometimes diet only works for a while, but not forever.

Your post is still one of the best I have ever read though :)

Reactions: therower