Question

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Re: Question

You're discovering Metformins message of "don't eat that!"

I agree with Sid and Neil in that although you can probably get away with the odd square of chocolate on an occasional basis its best to probably give it up entirely until you have worked out what effects you and how to best control things. If you begin to restrict the amount of sugar and starchy foods you eat and still have problems then ask your doctor for the SR (slow release) version. Metformin is by far the safest diabetic medication to take which is why it is normally the first medication prescribed. The way it works means you run a very minimal risk of hypos that can be caused by stronger diabetic medications. Unlike many diabetes drugs it does not promote weight gain and is known to also be beneficial as protection against heart disease. It is very effective at reducing blood sugar spikes when combined with life style changes to your diet. If you don't do those changes to your diet then its effectiveness is much reduced and it may well continue to give you stomach upsets.

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: Question

good appointment nurse changed pills to slow release,didn't even had to ask and managed to lose weight, me and she was pleased,said if i carry on might be able to reverse things :D