Questions for diabetic nurse

Hils72

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all I have my first appointment with the nurse tomorrow. Was told by receptionist bloods showed T2 about 11 days ago but tomorrow is first time I see someone medical.
Are there any must ask questions I should be asking? I am sure when I get in there I will go blank so any guidance appreciated

Thanks all

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Hi all I have my first appointment with the nurse tomorrow. Was told by receptionist bloods showed T2 about 11 days ago but tomorrow is first time I see someone medical.
Are there any must ask questions I should be asking? I am sure when I get in there I will go blank so any guidance appreciated

Thanks all
Yes, get all your numbers, especially HbA1c and lipids (if available). Write them down if they won't print them off for you.
Ask for a blood glucose monitor (probable answer is no). Be very wary of any dietary advice until you have checked other sources.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Decide if you want some time to try diet and exercise first instead of medication. Looking at your posts from before you did manage to reduce your blood sugars. How did you get on with the low carb diet recommended to you last year?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
If not mentioned, ask about eye screening and foot checks. These are standard but just sometimes may be put off by some DNs until later. Best done at first appointment. The DN should give you the foot check straight away and refer you for the eye screening. Good luck.