Type 1 Quick question

Leelee1507

Hi All,

I’m still on 4 weeks into being type 1 so I’m sorry for all the questions recently.

Today is my second day back in work after being off for a month. (Had DKA in hospital) about 4ish my boss said Liam you have red blotches all over you face is this normal ? Felt a bit ****** to be fair checked sugars and they were 4.1 lowest it’s been since I found out.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
First I hear of red blotches in your face as a hypo symptom (but then, who checks a mirror when having a hypo, I might have green hearts on my forehead for all I know!), but if they disappeared after you got your blood glucose up a bit, I'd just assume it's an odd hypo symptom.

While you weren't hypo technically, at 4.1, your body might still experience this as a low because you're used to higher numbers.

In fairness, it's a rather practical hypo symptom, if that's what it was, easy for others to spot and nudge you to check your BG!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

What I know is with low blood sugar is my blood pressure can rise? (I've tested both. Don't ask.)
Facial flushes can apparently be a sight of elivated BP?

Though to be fair, when low. I tend to turn white & look like "a wild eyed loner staring at the gates of oblivion."
Or just plain non-plussed & bored...

Your boss sounds OK.

When did you last bolus for a meal? (Prior to the drop.) There can be a lick in the tail with novorapid on the 5th hour?