Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
I pack of sugar free jelly
10 strawberries
1/4 pint of gold top milk

Make up jelly to 3/4 of pint allow to cool for ten mins
Place jelly ,fruit and milk in blender and whizz up until frothy and fruits liquidised.
Place in fridge for two hours .

Lovely!

Reactions: Rosiegough_

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds delicious, but how many portions does that make? Would cream do instead of milk?

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I pack of sugar free jelly
10 strawberries
1/4 pint of gold top milk

Make up jelly to 3/4 of pint allow to cool for ten mins
Place jelly ,fruit and milk in blender and whizz up until frothy and fruits liquidised.
Place in fridge for two hours .

Lovely!
I posted this in birthday dinner thread it's a good pud as well.
I make a very low carb pud when I need something sweet. It's called fluffy pudding. Take 1 sugar free jelly and make up to 1/2 pint with boiling water. While this is cooling a bit take 1 small tin of evaporated milk (170g) and whip up till it's at least 3 times in size and quite thick. Slowly add the jelly beating all the time and till well mixed. Put in fridge to set and it will serve at least 4 people. At only 1.5 grams of carbs per portion it's not bad and it tastes great. I will have 1 portion and my non diabetic husband has the other three portions just to save me you understand.

• clear.png
    Like x 4
  • List

#27Ann1982, 1d 4h ago

Reactions: TooManyCrisps

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
At last a dessert I can possibly make and enjoy. Will try this next weekend. Thank you xx

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds delicious, but how many portions does that make? Would cream do instead of milk?

@Bluetit1802 I do something similar, but without the strawberries and cream works just fine. I make up a sugar free jelly with half a pint of boiling water, then add half a pint of cold water followed by 300 mls of double cream. Stir well and allow to cool before putting in fridge to set. Easily enough for 5 portions.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I posted this in birthday dinner thread it's a good pud as well.
I make a very low carb pud when I need something sweet. It's called fluffy pudding. Take 1 sugar free jelly and make up to 1/2 pint with boiling water. While this is cooling a bit take 1 small tin of evaporated milk (170g) and whip up till it's at least 3 times in size and quite thick. Slowly add the jelly beating all the time and till well mixed. Put in fridge to set and it will serve at least 4 people. At only 1.5 grams of carbs per portion it's not bad and it tastes great. I will have 1 portion and my non diabetic husband has the other three portions just to save me you understand.

#27Ann1982, 1d 4h ago
Hi @Ann1982 - used to make this years ago it is lovely but can I ask which brand of condensed milk you are using as a 170g can of Carnation is 12g carb per 100g which makes a can just over 20g carb so makes a portion just over 5g carb rather than 1.5 you have quoted. Is there a lower carb can - I do hope so :)

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Aargh! I really need to wear my specs! Oh well I will just need to take a smaller portion. It was evaporated milk but you are right about the carbs although I did use a brand years ago that had lower carbs but can't remember the name of it. ( old age does not come by itself!)

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Hi @Ann1982 - used to make this years ago it is lovely but can I ask which brand of condensed milk you are using as a 170g can of Carnation is 12g carb per 100g which makes a can just over 20g carb so makes a portion just over 5g carb rather than 1.5 you have quoted. Is there a lower carb can - I do hope so :)
I used gold top milk :)

Reactions: Rosiegough_

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
I've made a similar dessert in the past with ordinary jelly and Greek yogurt. Have yet to try it with sugar free jelly. I would make it half and half.

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
I've made a similar dessert in the past with ordinary jelly and Greek yogurt. Have yet to try it with sugar free jelly. I would make it half and half.

I've just made this dessert with sugar free jelly. Half the pack of crystals made up to a little under half a pint. Add about 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt and whisk Allow to set in fridge. Makes about three quarters of a pint. Because the yogurt is unsweetened, it doesn't taste over sweet.
(Why do artificial sweeteners make everything taste so sweet? Surely they could put less sweetener in.)