Quite Happy

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
All week after eating BG levels have been between 5.6 to 5.8 I did a couple of fast ones. I don't usually bother with the fasting but they were around 5.6. to 5.7 This diet is starting to work.Maybe as somebody said on here. I have started to settle down with the numbers. They were not extra high, never more than 6.6 after eating, and 6. 2 fasting, but they are going lower. I had a Pilchard salad for lunch

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done @derry60 , you are winning. :) Those levels are superb.
Thank you Bluetit. I remember posting a thread regarding how much I was missing carbs and was sick of meat and veg. Not no more. I am so enjoying my food now. I have been trying out different recipes for fish and chicken, beef etc. I love spiralizing the courgettes, sometimes I just peel them into slithers. I have found out that I can eat baby corn, so I just chop up three into a stir fry with other veg and meat. Yummy. If I do get a craving for anything sweet I just reach for the sugar-free jelly with berries and cream. This completely takes the edge off. It is very rare that I crave for sweet things though.

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Bluetit. I remember posting a thread regarding how much I was missing carbs and was sick of meat and veg. Not no more. I am so enjoying my food now. I have been trying out different recipes for fish and chicken, beef etc. I love spiralizing the courgettes, sometimes I just peel them into slithers. I have found out that I can eat baby corn, so I just chop up three into a stir fry with other veg and meat. Yummy. If I do get a craving for anything sweet I just reach for the sugar-free jelly with berries and cream. This completely takes the edge off. It is very rare that I crave for sweet things though.

I remember you posting that thread! It is so good to see you came out of that phase and are enjoying this way of eating. My personal pleasure is having a good old fry up (with half a Lidl roll) and not feeling guilty that it is a heart attack on a plate!

Reactions: geefull and ziggy_w

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I remember you posting that thread! It is so good to see you came out of that phase and are enjoying this way of eating. My personal pleasure is having a good old fry up (with half a Lidl roll) and not feeling guilty that it is a heart attack on a plate!
Me also Bluetit. I am lucky as I can have one plum tomato and a little sauce from a tin with my fry up. Now and again although rare I will toast a Morrisonsslice of protein bread which is only 8 grams of carb, the rest is in the freezer so as not to waste the bread.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I was glad, too, when I broke through the carb addiction. On the other side of it opens your mind to all these new recipes and flavours. The encouragement from here on the forum saw me through the worst time when I thought of giving up. This forum should be put on prescription!

Reactions: Bluetit1802