Ramadan fasting

Teddy pink

Hi ppl,I am a 20 year old type 2 diabetic.i take jalra 50/500 twice a day ,reclide 40 mg twice a day and lantus 14 units once at bedtime .I would like to fast for ramadan but aren't sure if I should continue the same meds while fasting.i couldn't reach out to my endocrinologist so any thoughts will be helpful.thank u

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi ppl,I am a 20 year old type 2 diabetic.i take jalra 50/500 twice a day ,reclide 40 mg twice a day and lantus 14 units once at bedtime .I would like to fast for ramadan but aren't sure if I should continue the same meds while fasting.i couldn't reach out to my endocrinologist so any thoughts will be helpful.thank u

Are you a type 1? I think usually people who are on insulin should only farst if GP is happy with your blood sugar control. Either way I know many people in my family who go against the GP advice but hopefully you can a phone call with your GP and ask to see if its safe for you.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am fairly sure that if you Google Ramadan diabetes you will find some guidance. I believe there are special dispensations for various conditions.

Teddy pink

Are you a type 1? I think usually people who are on insulin should only farst if GP is happy with your blood sugar control. Either way I know many people in my family who go against the GP advice but hopefully you can a phone call with your GP and ask to see if its safe for you.
i am a type 2 diabetic.read my previous threads to know more about me.i just couldnt reach the hospital and my gp so i am confused.btw my bgs are pretty fine now.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i am a type 2 diabetic.read my previous threads to know more about me.i just couldnt reach the hospital and my gp so i am confused.btw my bgs are pretty fine now.

There are certain groups of people and circumstances where you may be exempt from fasting. For example:

• children (under the age of puberty)
  • the elderly
  • the sick
  • those with learning difficulties
  • those who are travelling
  • pregnant, breastfeeding and menstruating women
  • anyone who would be putting their health at serious risk by fasting, eg people who treat their diabetes with insulin or have diabetic complications (damage to eyes, kidney or the nerves in your hand and feet).
Speak to your religious leader if you want information about whether you are exempt from fasting.

From this website https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.di...s/enjoy-food/eating-with-diabetes/fasting?amp

Good luck.

Reactions: UserABC2021