Ramipril

kevsta

Had a call from the docs today about wanting me to go on ramipril,

Are their many people on this tablet ?

He said the the range is 0 - 2.5 mine has been between 19 - 45

I’m guessing that microns but basically still passing protein through my kidneys,

He said levels can vary but nether less still seems to be an issue and

I feel it’s the right thing to do as they protect the kidneys, but it’s another medication I need to take as I already take metforim (slow release)

Any info would be great

Kev

Reactions: Corgimum

katy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My dad has been on ramipril for years and doesn't have any issues with it

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ramparil is for blood pressure, to protect the kidneys, i take 2.5mg a day, as a happy side effect, it has a small effect of lowering blood sugars slightly.

kevsta

Does it stop you from doing anything ? As I’m going on rides etc or planes and do I have to tel dvla

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it stop you from doing anything ? As I’m going on rides etc or planes and do I have to tel dvla
Ramipiril doesn't stop you doing anything you describe, and there's no need to inform the DVLA of this particular medication.

If you start on it, you should have blood tests done monthly for the first couple of months to ensure your electrolytes aren't getting out of whack. It is a known side effect, but not for many, but the tests should be done one a "just in case" basis.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One side effect can be a ‘niggly’ cough which I developed when on Rampril a few years ago.