Random Alerts

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About a week ago I downloaded the forum app on my Android phone out of curiosity. I subsequently deleted it and went back to using the website with Chrome. Since then I have been getting random alerts although I have none enabled. Any idea how to stop them?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Go to the Android 'Settings' application and in there you will find 2 sub headings 'Apps' and 'Notifications'.

Some apps appear in 'notifications' and you can switch them off here.

You may have to go to the 'Apps' heading where you will see all your installed apps listed. Click on the individual app and you will get all its permissions shown to you. You should be able to disable it from this screen.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About a week ago I downloaded the forum app on my Android phone out of curiosity. I subsequently deleted it and went back to using the website with Chrome. Since then I have been getting random alerts although I have none enabled. Any idea how to stop them?

What sorts of alerts are you talking about?

I would firstly try logging out, on all devices where you have your details saved, then log in again.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go to the Android 'Settings' application and in there you will find 2 sub headings 'Apps' and 'Notifications'.

You may have to go to the 'Apps' heading where you will see all your installed apps listed. Click on the individual app and you will get all its permissions shown to you. You should be able to disable it from this screen.
It is website alerts, the sort where a number appears next to your avatar on the top right of the screen. It is not Android app notifications, although I have turned them off for Chrome as you suggested, just in case.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What sorts of alerts are you talking about?

I would firstly try logging out, on all devices where you have your details saved, then log in again.
Good suggestion, I logged out and in on my phone after deleting the app but I also have a tablet and a PC so I will do the same there and see what happens. The alerts I got seemed to be random without any connection to me or threads I had posted in.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
It is website alerts, the sort where a number appears next to your avatar on the top right of the screen. It is not Android app notifications, although I have turned them off for Chrome as you suggested, just in case.

Ah right. So when you click on your avatar a drop down window appears and you can access 'Alert Preferences' and turn off what you don't want.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah right. So when you click on your avatar a drop down window appears and you can access 'Alert Preferences' and turn off what you don't want.
I wouldn't have started the thread if that had worked. There were no alerts enabled but I re-saved my preferences. So far @DCUKMod 's suggestion seems to be working, fingers crossed.

Reactions: urbanracer
D

Deleted member 308541

They do not appear if the app has been uninstalled already.