Rate my plate.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The wife stumbled across it. We’ve both been POSL. It’s the comments that are hilarious.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Lol, @therower , if I was a really cruel DSN coming up for retirement, didn't care anymore, and was running a DAFNE course, I'd print off some of those photos, tell them this is "special diabetic food" which they must eat from now on, and ask them to do a carb count on it!

Mind you, Gill W's take on "Eggs with Soldiers" deserves ten out of ten for what looks to me like an optimal 3am cold sweat hypo treatment...

Screenshot_2019-02-15-19-19-51.png

Reactions: Dodo and Jollymon

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I follow it - it's hilarious- as a side note wonder if it would be a good idea to have a rate mybplate thread on the forum - one place for people to put pics and source for recipe if wanted :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I follow it - it's hilarious- as a side note wonder if it would be a good idea to have a rate mybplate thread on the forum - one place for people to put pics and source for recipe if wanted :)
It would be a good idea however each meal will probably be analysed and/or vilified re number of carbs and why it shouldn’t be eaten etc.:banghead:

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would be a good idea however each meal will probably be analysed and/or vilified re number of carbs and why it shouldn’t be eaten etc.:banghead:
Too right. This forum doesn’t do light hearted banter where food is concerned.:):):)

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Too right. This forum doesn’t do light hearted banter where food is concerned.:):):)

It’s a KitKat Bar and a Cadbury Cream Egg. I’ll guess that’s it’s 52 cars, maybe. Then there are (2) options- dose and eat it. Or don’t eat it.

I wonder if that’s a dark chocolate KitKat Bar? Those are a little lower carb, and heavenly! Around Halloween time the dark chocolate ones can be found in mini size (a smaller portion). I’d do that!

Reactions: Daphne917

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The photoshopped responses on that page are brilliant..

It does put me in mind of this..

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Still laughing at this! I see another thread bit the dust. Someone posted on the Facebook type 1s site her Libre results when eating just protein without blousing. The rise was way above that 1-2 so called permitted amount. Reality for type 1s!

Reactions: therower
K

Knikki

Just been looking through some of the comments on that FB site, certainly make you smile.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Maybe worth a look on FB :)