Re-cooked pasta

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
Thought I'd try some re-cooked pasta for lunch to see if it spiked my bs level. Before lunch my reading was 6 and 2 hours after it was 12.6!! Think I have my answer. I love pasta.

Reactions: 2 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Thought I'd try some re-cooked pasta for lunch to see if it spiked my bs level. Before lunch my reading was 6 and 2 hours after it was 12.6!! Think I have my answer. I love pasta.
Oh dear, what a shame , I had linguine last week , twice cooked and got 6.9 after 2 hours, so I guess its works for some, or maybe my reading was a fluke , I miss pasta too :(

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can eat re-cooked pasta and, hopefully, rice as well but I'll reserve judgement on rice until I've tested a couple of more times as last night was the first time I'd had it since I began testing.

Jodunlop

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did re-cooked pasta tonight, bolused correctly one hour after eating. 6.8 pre food, 15.9 three hours after. Pasta is impossible

A

asparagusp

Someone posted recently about legume pasta ie made with chick peas or lentils. I have seen pasta also made with spelt. I haven't had pasta for ages. I find it too filling!

fuseman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have the same problem with rice, after eating my fasting blood test the next morning is still quite high.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Did re-cooked pasta tonight, bolused correctly one hour after eating. 6.8 pre food, 15.9 three hours after. Pasta is impossible
Yup. Reheating it doesn't work for me either.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With things like pasta and pizza it is worth testing at 2, 3, 4 and at least 5 hours too, since sometimes the peak is very delayed.

(and no, reheating doesn't work for me, either)