Type 2 Re: Sleeping Overboard?

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

I hope this finds you all doing Ok, or as good as can be expected, that is. I've finally managed to get my BGL's below 10 for the first time in months, as they have been between 8.2 too 10.7 for the past 10 days or so, but what I find now is that all I want to do is sleep. I slept for 16 hours a few days ago, then yesterday I slept for about 14, as every time I sit on the couch, I seem to fall asleep. Then I have trouble sleeping of a night as I'm not tired, from sleeping most of the daytime away. Is this a normal part of this condition, or should I take it to my doctor to see if it could be something else? I would appreciate any imput I can get, as I've no idea as to why this is happening.

Well I thank you for taking the time to read my question and hope to get an answer as to why this is occurring now I'm getting things under some control, so any help will be welcomed I assure you.

Stemar, (Downunder)

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi All,

I hope this finds you all doing Ok, or as good as can be expected, that is. I've finally managed to get my BGL's below 10 for the first time in months, as they have been between 8.2 too 10.7 for the past 10 days or so, but what I find now is that all I want to do is sleep. I slept for 16 hours a few days ago, then yesterday I slept for about 14, as every time I sit on the couch, I seem to fall asleep. Then I have trouble sleeping of a night as I'm not tired, from sleeping most of the daytime away. Is this a normal part of this condition, or should I take it to my doctor to see if it could be something else? I would appreciate any imput I can get, as I've no idea as to why this is happening.

Well I thank you for taking the time to read my question and hope to get an answer as to why this is occurring now I'm getting things under some control, so any help will be welcomed I assure you.

Stemar, (Downunder)
Good to hear your BGs are lower. I think you should see your doctor about the daytime sleepiness, as it may be caused by another condition. I also think, as hard as it is, you should try to resist the temptation to sleep during the day, as much as possible. This will help you sleep at night.

Have you recently started any new medications?