Reading Half Marathon - Fund Raising

jireson

As a challenge to myself I have decided to take part in the Reading Half Marathon taking place on 20th March 2011.

I was diagnosed Diabetic (type 2) fairly recently and am still trying to come to terms balancing my lifestyle ot meet my diabetic needs, so not only will it be a great way to motivate me to get the exercise I need to keep my diabetes under control but it is an excellent opportunity to raise some money for Diabeties UK.

Should you wish to follow my progress in this challenge or to even sponsor me for this great cause then please use the link below.

http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/challenge/jamesireson-readinghalfmarathon

Thanks in advance!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
James.
Do you have a justgiving link as you have to be a member of DUK to log in and make a donation ?

jireson

Hi,

I'm afraid I didn't want to use just-giving as they actually take a comission from any payment made.

I would much rather any money given and the gift aid (if a UK tax payer) goes directly to the charity. Hence using diabeties UKs own portal.

Registration really does only take a couple of minutes and if you choose not to you wont get any junk email etc from them.

Thanks again
James