Reading Libre on Phone

Markh75

Hi All

Please accept my apologies as I know information is somewhere else on this forum, I just cannot find it.

My 8 year old son has had Type 1 since he was 19 months old and it has been torture.

All that being said we try to keep all is stuff up to date and help him in anyway we can.

He has been using a Libra now for two full years and I have started to use Glimp on my S7. It reads it no problem but I have two questions that I am hoping someone here can help with?

If you use your monitor to scan will it link to the phone? If so how does this work? Meaning when we scan with the libra monitor will it register to the blimp app on the phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark (for Josh)

Last edited:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All

Please accept my apologies as I know information is somewhere else on this forum, I just cannot find it.

My 8 year old son has had Type 1 since he was 19 months old and it has been torture.

All that being said we try to keep all is stuff up to date and help him in anyway we can.

He has been using a Libra now for two full years and I have started to use Glimp on my S7. It reads it no problem but I have two questions that I am hoping someone here can help with?

If you use your monitor to scan will it link to the phone? If so how does this work? Meaning when we scan with the libra monitor will it register to the blimp app on the phone?

Thanks

Mark (for Josh)
No! The reader scans the data and that's it. You can suck it up with the pc suite of programs, but these all. Absolutely no sync.

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi All

Thanks

Mark (for Josh)
My first thought is no the reader or phone reads the sensor via nfc...

Second thought is bluecon.?. A second android phone could read the bluecon device via bluetooth. Turns the sensor into cgm... with bluecon nfc on the phone would not be necessary. High and low alarms.

Glimp can upload data to the cloud using night scout... this might help to remote monitor your son.

There are bluecon users here is on the forum they would be able to say if this is feasable....

Ive been using glimp for 18 months
Havn't tried the bluecon out or tried to use night scout.

Its my thoughts on what id look into. You need another comment if this would work.