Readings

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys.
Since home yesterday from hospital I been doing the blood readings up n till now. So here’s a basic count so far since been diagnosed.

Lowest been 7.1
Highest 15.5

Got home yesterday so midday meal 15.5 , pre evening meal 13.2
Pre bed 10.3.

Woke up today. Pre breakfast 7.1 , then 8.9 around lunch time moments ago.

So think it’s a good start ? I’m happy.

Matt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hey guys.
Since home yesterday from hospital I been doing the blood readings up n till now. So here’s a basic count so far since been diagnosed.

Lowest been 7.1
Highest 15.5

Got home yesterday so midday meal 15.5 , pre evening meal 13.2
Pre bed 10.3.

Woke up today. Pre breakfast 7.1 , then 8.9 around lunch time moments ago.

So think it’s a good start ? I’m happy.

Matt

Hi Matt, that's pretty good really, it will take a little while for Bg's to settle down, also, there's a lot to learn about type 1, but you will get there.
Take good care :)

Reactions: Delticmatt100

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well as as your so new to the game its not a bad start to be fair, however, don't know what your medical team has told you, but most of us aim to be within the 4-10mmol window, in an ideal world.

The thing with T1 is that there are many ways to deal with it, "we are all different" you will heard that a lot and for some that 15.5 you had would send them in to panic mode while it just annoys me as it would be higher than I really want.

Its good that you have not been below the 7.0 mark at this stage, hypo's and hypers are something you will come across as a T1, its just one of those things we have to put up with :) but learn about them, learn to recognise them, learn to treat them.

Be open about your T1 especially with those close to you, at times they can be really helpful :)

That’s the thing nothing happened to me when I hit 15.5. Not sure wat was to happen. Don’t want a hypo but nurse said best I get to feel wat like one day as I would never know when it be coming and wat to expect.

Reactions: Knikki

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good results. The medical team will want to bring your BG levels down steadily - it's safest for the small blood vessels in your eyes.