ready to heat cooked meat

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hello!

I shop at Tesco, but I don't mind shopping at Asda, Sainsburys or any online store.

I follow low carb and I am okay with having grilled meat most of the time.

However, I would like to have some cooked meat (not sure how you call them).

I mean meat bourgignon, provencale, jalfrezi, mushroom sauce, tomato sauce and carrots, etc.

Ie. I mean all kinds of meats but cooked with some kind of low carb sauce. BUT WITHOUT rice, pasta, potatoes, etc in it. That's kind of diffcult as most ready meals have some kind of rice etc blended.

I wonder, are there meals like that without rice/pasta/potatoes? I don't mind the occassional mushroom or carrot or other veggie.

Ideally, I would like them in single portions and in a sustainable way, ie frozen or canned or sous vide, etc.
And, a large selection of red, white etc sauses.

Can you suggest me anything?

Thanks!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco has a cooked meat aisle in my local Tesco. It has ham, beef, chicken, high meat content sausages etc.You could put a bought sauce with whatever you like.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They also have a line in the tinned meat area called "Look What We Found" which are meats in sauce for heating in the microwave.

Reactions: 2 people

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They also have a line in the tinned meat area called "Look What We Found" which are meats in sauce for heating in the microwave.

looks very close to what I am after (ie. meat not accompanied with rice/potatoes) but they have very limited variety

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco has a cooked meat aisle in my local Tesco. It has ham, beef, chicken, high meat content sausages etc.You could put a bought sauce with whatever you like.

do they sell seperate burguignon sauce etc?

lizf4619

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Asda have their own brand tinned meat for putting in the microwave or pot, along with one from Grants and another from Stag - Stag tends to have chilli in most of them. Read the labels quite carefully as the hidden sugars and can be a bit high in some sauces. Mysupermarket website measures everything in sugar cubes - this might help as you seem to do all your shopping on line. One of my favourites is chicken in white sauce.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
looks very close to what I am after (ie. meat not accompanied with rice/potatoes) but they have very limited variety
From memory they have chicken tikka, meatballs, chicken in white sauce, chicken korma and chicken and mushrooms. That should hold for a day or two.

These are in packets but if you move into tins then the choice widens considerably.

lizf4619

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
do they sell seperate burguignon sauce etc?
Plenty depends on whether you want it from a packet, jar or can. Colmans, Homepride and Tesco own brands. Type in cooking sauce and you will see a big variety