Really Struggling and Feeling Miserable!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
How can I be cured of T2?

Can I request for an organ transplant?
Organ transplants are only carried out in extreme cases - my kidneys started to be affected by my diabetes when I was a child. By the time I was 54, they were so bad that I kept getting cellulitis and gout, so it was suggested by Addenbrooke's Hospital that I could have a kidney/pancreas transplant. Somewhat life threatening in its own right. I have lost Type 1, but immuno-suppressants have wreaked havoc with my hands due to side effects. However, I have lived way beyond the expected use-by-date. Each day is a bonus. Have faith in research! Good luck

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Organ transplants are only carried out in extreme cases - my kidneys started to be affected by my diabetes when I was a child. By the time I was 54, they were so bad that I kept getting cellulitis and gout, so it was suggested by Addenbrooke's Hospital that I could have a kidney/pancreas transplant. Somewhat life threatening in its own right. I have lost Type 1, but immuno-suppressants have wreaked havoc with my hands due to side effects. However, I have lived way beyond the expected use-by-date. Each day is a bonus. Have faith in research! Good luck

You are a miracle!

Thank God you’ve recovered well.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

L1ncslass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Randi_B.

Firstly welcome to the forum, yes it is a bit of a shock to get the diagnosis BUT there is light at the end of tunnel and that is a LCHF diet, the lack of energy you have is probably down to not taking in enough fat.

These videos by Dr Ken Berry are highly informative and will probably answer lots of your questions [and many you may not of thought of yet] Educate yourself, knowledge is power, Good luck with your journey and don't give up hope.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How can I be cured of T2?
Can I request for an organ transplant?
Why, so the transplanted pancreas can make a lot of insulin that doesn't work normally just like the pancreas you have now? Then you have to take anti rejection drugs that make you prone to infections. No, pancreas transplants only happen in conjunction with kidney transplant for people on dialysis.

leahkian

Randi B sorry to hear you are feeling low at the minute but this is common with all diabetics we can go for a while with every thing going well then it changes. You have to think that your body has has a shock first with the diabetes and then the weight loss, so your body is getting used to the change. There is nothing worse than getting a doctor who just see's you as another number, you could try and get referred to a diabetic nurse who would give you more support and maybe a blood machine. If you find that things get know better ask to see another doctor.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat