Reason Needed (longer Post)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re benefits, blood pressure will take longer to come down and weight loss is unlikely without dietary change. That is the bad news. The leg pain may be unrelated to the exercise e.g. neuropathy, statin use as suggested. If you stretch your legs by lying on your side and pulling your heel towards your bum this should rule out muscle tightness as a cause of pain. If it is knee pain look at seat height (hold leg at 90 degrees to judge the saddle height and alter the resistance if necessary).
Motivation to carry on? You enjoy it and being sedentary is reckoned to be as bad as a smoking habit. We diabetics need great cardiovascular health. But you need positive motivation and not fear!
Sprint intervals could spice things up a bit now that you have done the base work (slow and steady), try working up to 20 seconds and then cycle at an easy pace until you recover your breath.
Movement can mean running up flights of stairs, digging your garden or walking up a hill. Aim to get out of breath 3 x a week and you will have the effort level about right. Build up to a non food treat that encourages you to keep up the habit of movement.
The key thing is to find something fun, or something fun to do it with! And to notice if day to day activities feel easier e.g. can you get up stairs without getting out of breath?
And remember consistency is key - best to aim for 2-3 x weekly at the right intensity than to burn out from tedious or too hard exercise.
Someone mentioned the wondrous YouTube as a source of free workouts so I put in a search for 'gentle bodyweight exercises' and there are loads. Here is ono to try (sorry if the level doesn't reflect your current fitness levels) and let us know how you get on:

Reactions: Alison54321

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Where do you live OP? I have a very nice excercise bike I dont need, its all bells and whistles, it a pro level bike I think, you can have it for free, ill deliver it in my van if your a reasonable distance to Surrey?

Edit: its mint condition, im not trying to save a run to the tip lol it has resistance and heart rate and other stuff I dont even know what

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where do you live OP? I have a very nice excercise bike I dont need, its all bells and whistles, it a pro level bike I think, you can have it for free, ill deliver it in my van if your a reasonable distance to Surrey?

Edit: its mint condition, im not trying to save a run to the tip lol it has resistance and heart rate and other stuff I dont even know what

Fenn, that's an astonishingly kind offer from you, but if I recall properly, @cdpm isn't in UK.